Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

URGENT - BIG BUG when changing store name info

lindaw

Total Posts:  201

I just went to Manage Stores and tried to change the default store name and as soon as I saved it I got this:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Mage_Core_Exception’ with message ‘Invalid store requested: “default”.’ in /home/wheelsau/public_html/app/Mage.php:380 Stack trace: #0 /home/wheelsau/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(527): Mage::throwException(’Invalid store r...’) #1 /home/wheelsau/public_html/app/Mage.php(211): Mage_Core_Model_App->getStore() #2 /home/wheelsau/public_html/app/Mage.php(538): Mage::getBaseUrl(’web’) #3 /home/wheelsau/public_html/app/Mage.php(430): Mage::printException(Object(Mage_Core_Exception)) #4 /home/wheelsau/public_html/index.php(40): Mage::run(’rodas’) #5 {main} thrown in /home/wheelsau/public_html/app/Mage.php on line 380

Now I can’t access anything. The database is still in tact but I can’t get anywhere.

Please help if you can, I had gotten so far.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lindaw

Total Posts:  201

Ok, I just fixed this myself by opening the index.php file in the root directory and changing ‘defult’ to the name I was trying to change it to. In this case it was ‘wheels’.

So the code at the bottom of index.php would read:

Mage::run('wheels');

INSTEAD OF

Mage::run('default');

Magento Community
Magento Community

puccamix

Total Posts:  2

If you set up your stores and store views the way that the magento tutorials show you, you would use your store view code
which would be yoursite_eng

so when you change the store name in the index.php you would put in your store name- whatever you set it up as.

example mage::run(’yoursite_eng’)

or in lindaw’s case

mage:: run (’wheels’)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community