Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Getting a Storefront up and Running

The Hawk Cloud

Total Posts:  3

I have been doing stuff / making a living on the internet for about 4 years now. I thought I would dabble into the ecommerce side of things and try selling my own products and or drop shipping.

I have Magento installed on my server correctly and I have a theme installed as well. I was wondering what it would cost to get someone to do the rest of the backend stuff for me such as:

1. Configurating tax rates applying to correct sales tax upon the product and purchaser’s location
2. Customizing the storefront to make it “my own” or “unique”
3. Offering products for sale or using promotions and promotional codes
4. managing customers accounts and configuring store contact options
5. Configuring default payment options such as paypal or credit cards

I have been researching and messing around with oSCommerce and Magento for about 2 weeks now and I have concluded that it would be more valuable to me to hire someone knowing what they’re doing (so I can get something up and running) rather than testing out things that work and don’t work. Don’t get me wrong I’m going to learn how to do all this but it is going to take some time.

How much would something like this cost? Also, I know how to import/export datafeeds, csv files/bulk images. It is just the “other” stuff I need help on (Payment options, setting tax and shipping costs, etc.)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community