Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

session variable for customer login

nonu

Total Posts:  60

By which variable i can check whether customer is logged in or not.I have to check this variable on modx page.How can i do so.Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Help

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nonu

I don’t know why nobody is replying.I need this information urgently i have heard that magento forum is the forum where you will get fastest reply.But i never got reply.Still Waiting rolleyes

Magento Community
Magento Community

alistek

Total Posts:  293
Normal, IL

Mage::getSingleton('customer/session')->isLoggedIn())

-Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

nonu

Thanks a ton for your reply. grin

I was using this statement in a page outside of magento folder.So it asked me to include class file named mage.When i included that file,then it gives another error of calling a function on a non object.

Any suggestions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

alistek

Normal, IL

I didn’t really think that through, for some reason I was just thinking in Magento.  Including that file might not be enough as it extends the Varien library which itself extends the Zend Framework.  It might be that you have to find the Zend Framework session support to get access to the lower level variable.  If that error occurs it makes me think something isn’t defined?

-Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

nonu

Thanks for reply.You are really very cooperative.I really appericiate you,your responses.

Actually,i was also asking about that lower level session variable.Because it will not be feasible to in include so much files.
Anyways i was asking abt dat variable because i was integrating magento with modx,but nw we are creating our site in magento only.

But even then i am not able to understand magento.I am facing a lot of problems in designing and coding.
But i like magento as it is providing us a lot of features.

Can you provide me some guidance how to learn magento,How to code,design following its architecture,how much time it’’ll take to learn it properly.

I am really in trouble, i have to create a site in magento within 2 days,i don’t know how to do that ,Because i know only 1% about magento.can you provide me some direction plzzzzzzzzzz.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alistek

Normal, IL

Well I have been working at this for about 2 1/2 weeks and I myself still have a long way to go.  Magento architecture while very good is a bit difficult to understand if you are not a PHP coder to begin with (I know PHP I just am not fluent in it).  Depending on what you have to do there might be a few ways to do it.  Right now if you need basic CMS functionality the quickest way is just to create CMS pages and code the articles right in until we can integrate that with the database, which I am currently working on.  What functionality do you need to build into Magento?  In addition, is it mainly styling/design issues or do you need new functionality as I know the styling/design very well and am starting to get a grasp on the programming side.

-Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

nonu

i worked in php 4.Actually they are having an existing site running in oscommerce and modx.Now they want to create it in magento.

So firstly i have to change the layout and add some functionality also.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alistek

Normal, IL

And you have two days to do this?  That seems a tad rushed, well I hope you can finish it on time.  Thankfully the site I am working on for my company I have had about 3 weeks to do.  I have had to learn from scratch but it’s almost done thankfully but yeah I had to modify a lot of files to get it looking and working the way I want.  I just finished fixing the Newsletter capability, for some reason you couldn’t actually send it so I put that functionality back in, works like a charm.  Anyways good luck!

-Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

nonu

dats gr8.

Can u tell me one thing you changed only css files and design files or you changed core code files also.

Can’t you help me to get start.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alistek

Normal, IL

I changed both I have a very custom design that I needed but I didn’t change the core files the way I should have to make it upgrade proof, i.e. by extending and rewriting the functionality.  I’ll help you best I can but I am also under time constraints at the moment to finish our website project.

-Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

sulekh

Total Posts:  37

I am facing a problem to verify the user is logged in or not from a CMS page.
Please let me know how to check a customer is logged in or not from a cms page.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community