Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product Personalization

markf

Total Posts:  145

I have looked into the product management and have not seen any options for letting the customer personalize a product.  For example, a custom tee-shirt with a “add you copy here” or any other type product that allows the user to imput some type of info by way of a text field.  Maybe I missed it somewhere in there, does this already exisit?  If not, it would be a nice feature for many sellers that personalize things.  Thanks!  Keep up the great work, cant wait for 1.0.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

@markf - You are right this feature is not there yet. We hope to include it in future releases.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

developerx

Total Posts:  25

Do you know if this is available now? or when it will be available?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

Each product can be customized using the “Gift Message” textbox during checkout, if desired. If you don’t want to do that:

Mark Kimsal has a wiki with details about a module that does custom sizes. It’s called “Made to Order” and apparently it’s not supposed to be hard to adapt to custom text input. Update this thread and post your adaptations if you get them to work.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups:174:metrofindings_modules

smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Martin Latal

Total Posts:  1
Czech Republic

Hello everybody,

has anybody implemented that in the end? I have seen the post on wiki, but could not identify if that solution could be usable for adding a custom text filed to an order line.

Our idea is we want to sell T-shirts with a custom printed text - the buyer should type a free text in a text box, which will appear on the T-shirt.
Any idea if such a feature will be added in the near future?

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

vonlein

I’m also looking at this.  Our store is based on personalization, and we’re trying to make the cart software decision within the next week.  Magento looks promising, but without the ability to add a line of customer supplied text per item we won’t be able to use it.

Any developers that think they might be able to add this feature custom (paid of course) or an update on timeline from Magento (I know there are thousands of things to work on, just checking schedule)?

Thanks,

John

Magento Community
Magento Community

doomseb

Total Posts:  2

I also need this feature.

Magento Community
Magento Community

blankman373

Total Posts:  4

I also would love this feature. We have school bags that customers can personalize with their kids’ names.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hydro

Total Posts:  28

I would also like this feature.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Wiseguy Digital

Total Posts:  61
Bristol, UK

Wow, I also need this feature! I’m wondering if there’s any idea of when this could become possible or if there is any way of adding the code manually?

Magento Community
Magento Community

one7media

Yep, me too.  In addition to just custom text, what about a file upload (not sure if that’s available either, just getting started...)?  A configurable product with a file upload so a customer can add their logo, pic, whatever.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

viepie

Total Posts:  9
Belgium - Europe

I need it to… A hope it will be released soon… Otherwise I have to start my new shop in oscommerce again :-( .

Magento Community
Magento Community

ca700290

Total Posts:  12

would love to see it…

Magento Community
Magento Community

reststop

Total Posts:  15

Scott - 09 March 2008 10:02 AM

Each product can be customized using the “Gift Message” textbox during checkout, if desired.

I’d like to see this as well—actually, I need it.

If the “Gift Message” textbox is used, is there any way to create additional textbox fields as well, which would be required to be filled in when the product is added to the user’s cart?

If so, wouldn’t this solve the issue, thus meaning it is already available?  Please clarify this, anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

STEVEDUDE

I would also like to see this feature soon. This feature is the only reason I can’t use Magento.

I need to be able to allow the customer to choose their own number (00-99) and customized name (up to 15 chars), as I plan on running a custom NBA JERSEY store.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community