Magento Forum

Does not work, please help: Auto-Subscribe Users to Newsletter on Registration

daveman123

Total Posts:  17

Hi, I followed this guide and could not get my customers to be auto-subscribed to the newsletter.  Am I doing something wrong?

The template I’m editing is..
app/design/frontend/default/moderate/template/customer/form/register.phtml

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/auto-subscribe_on_register_-_how_to

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

daveman123

Total Posts:  17

Also, is there a simple way to have the subscribe to newsletter box checked automatically upon register?  I’d like it checked and hidden so that members are automatically subscribed to the newsletter upon registration.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kinetic

Total Posts:  15

I’ve had the same problem - followed the wiki but didn’t work.

But l think l’ve figured it out. Follow the wiki instruction but also comment out the part below.

<?php if ($this->isNewsletterEnabled()): ?>
<li>
<input type="checkbox" name="is_subscribed" title="<?php echo $this->__('Sign Up for Newsletter') ?>” value="1" id="is_subscribed" <?php if($this->getFormData()->getIsSubscribed()): ?> checked="checked"<?php endif ?> />
<label for="is_subscribed"><?php echo $this->__('Sign Up for Newsletter') ?></label>
</li>
<?php endif ?>

It hides the newsletter checkbox and will automatically subscribe the customer.  Worked for me on v1.1.8.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adamhep

Total Posts:  6

This works great but it doesn\’t auto-subscribe customers when they register at checkout.  Is there an easy fix to add this functionality to the checkout process?  I just want to pass the is_subscribed information to the new account they are creating.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community