Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Integrate magento with modx

nonu

Total Posts:  60

I need to Integrate magento with modx.I have called the pages of magento from modx.I have to call the header,footer of modx in magento.I can do this by writing all the queries on header.phtml and footer.phtml,but i think that’s not the correct way.My header and footer of modx are stored in database as html code.I have to call those header,footer on my page.Any idea how should i do this.Which Files should i change for writing sql queries etc.Please Help Soon

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nonu

nobody replying.Am i asking stupid question.Please Help

Magento Community
Magento Community

nonu

I am confused why nobody is replying.I need this information urgently i have heard that magento forum is the forum where you will get fastest reply.But i never got reply.Still Waiting rolleyes

Magento Community
Magento Community

alistek

Total Posts:  293
Normal, IL

Since Modx stores the header and footer in a database file, I think you might be hard pressed to utilize Magento’s database abstraction to actually call another database entirely.  I have been working on creating my own modules and understanding the database structure and although it is possible it might be more pain then it is worth.  Magento uses the Zend framework by the way so if you want you can include the Zend classes inside of your pages that call the header and footer and use that?

-Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community