Magento Forum

Google Checkout - Carrier Calculated shipping problem [semi-solved]

barrmy

Total Posts:  102

So much for that...now I’m getting We timed out waiting for your server at https://www.website.com/googlecheckout/api/—the error we got is: Read timed out Your server must respond faster to merchant calculation callback requests. which was not happening before I upgraded to 1.1.6

Did anything fundamentally change to make it slower?  Or is this purely because my host is too slow?

**edit**
this is a hosting problem...my host can’t return more than 6 merchant calculated shipping methods to GC within the 3 seconds and was in the process of crashing (again!) while I was testing

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

Total Posts:  344

Well we are experiencing the google checkout problem in 1.1.6 with carrier calculated shipping.

We just had 2 orders get $25 next day air (normally $100+) due to this problem. The default value $25 comes across identical for all shipping methods if set. If not set all shipping methods are $0.

Anyone with 1.1.6 experiencing this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

psystar

Total Posts:  1

Issue #1: I’m having the same problem with 1.1.6. Google Checkout returns 0 / or default price (depending if one is set) for the shipping method using both Merchant Calculated and Carrier Calculated shipping. The callback is setup correctly and is properly secure with a valid ssl certificate. Checkout debug table shows the correct response for the request.

Issue #2: DHL module does not return a rate with the information that is passed in via google checkout. This could be caused by either the modules code or DHL not returning a rate, but is unknown at this time.

I have read just about every post and tried many solutions, but nothing that works to date.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

:O)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Project 14

Total Posts:  10

Has the “Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers” problem been solved properly yet, or a fix (that isn’t a hack) been published? I’ve set up everything as I should (as far as I can see), have an SSL certificate installed properly, but still get an error in my GCO sandbox:

“We encountered an error trying to access your server at https://www.MYDOMAIN.com/shop/googlecheckout/api/; the error we got is: Send failed with code: 401. Response body was: Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers”

Anyone fixed it yet?

Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community

Project 14

I’ve found out that my error is most likely down to php5 being run as CGI, so the authentication errors aren’t being sent. I understand there’s an .htaccess/.htpasswd fix ( http://demo.globant.com/~brovagnati/tools/htaccess.php ), but where do I put the resulting files? There’s no physical /googlecheckout/api/ directory - where is it meant to go?

Magento Community
Magento Community

plasticam

Total Posts:  12

Ive tried most of the fixes posted around the boards here for the last week or so.
SSL cert is installed (purchased specifically for GC).
I have now completely given up.
If anyone want a challenge and truly beleives they can resolve the call back issues and shipping rates then please let me know your price for doing so as i would be willing to pay just to get this thing working.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Project 14

My ‘solution’ was to get my host to move the site to a server that ran php natively, rather than as a CGI - all works OK now…

Magento Community
Magento Community

plasticam

Total Posts:  12

Yes i just asked them and they are indeed running PHP as CGI.

Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

We are not running PHP as CGI and are still having this problem.
It is ran as an Apache Mod.

Magento Community
Magento Community

davidnest

Total Posts:  4

Does 1.1.7 fix the google checkout 0 shipping error?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SnowInc

Total Posts:  17

Hi,

After much fiddling I managed to get my google checkout to pretty much work. Google and Magento now communicate. Magento recieves data back from Google about payment etc. Before I was having loads of errors and failed payments. However now that it’s “working” I have two other, smaller error:

1. Once payment is made and order is processed (the user checks out fully through magento, becoming a member, selecting postage method etc), rather than updating the order in magento admin, google creates a new order with the details got from the user’s checkout. The new order has exactly the same order number as the one that was created at magento checkout so e.g. there are two instances of order# 1000104 with the same product but any variations in address input in google are given to this order.

So, any ideas why an extra order would be created rather than updating the existing order?

2. Free shipping over £50 causes a backend error in Google Integration Console. It doesnt seem to effect the order process or above error (the above error works if I have free shipping on or off). The error I get is:

Time of occurrence:  2 Dec 2008 14:15:50 GMT

Error:  Merchant Calculations: We were looking for data in your merchant-calculation-results, but were not able to find it: result: address-id:801119125013660shipping-name: Free Shipping (Normally 4-6 Working Days) for orders over 50 GBP - Free

Warnings: 
XML We Received: 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<merchant-calculation-results xmlns="http://checkout.google.com/schema/2">
<results>
<result shipping-name="Special Delivery Next Day - Next Day Delivery” address-id="801119125013660">
<shipping-rate currency="GBP">6.99</shipping-rate>
<shippable>true</shippable>
<total-tax currency="GBP">0</total-tax>
</result>
</results>
</merchant-calculation-results>

This shows that Special delivery is getting through fine but Free shipping is not for some reasons (it is not appearing in the xml).

So any ideas on either guys?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance
Snow Inc

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mendrel

Total Posts:  23

Ok Magento. I have the SSL cert, I have entered the correct CallBack URL, I am using a sandboxed https server… and yet still get Integration errors and no info is passed to Magento. I’m sure once the errors are resolved then magento will get the information...but still...why is this still a problem? this should have been escalated (and fixed) long ago.

Where is the ‘test’ option in magento to test it’s own secure callback URL? The only way to test it is to place a fake sandbox order, but it only gives the same information each time. There should be an easy dropdown that allows you to choose between the sandboxed and live GC accounts as well as a way to test for the proper integration of the options. Obviously visiting the https://www.blahblahblah.com/googlecheckout/api gives you a 404 because you didn’t post any info to it...so how else do we test?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mendrel

Total Posts:  23

Well after getting over my anger..I think I solved this. Check out here and look at my post. http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/86958/

Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

Mendrel’s fix did not work for us regarding the carrier calculated shipping issue. Still getting the default value as the shipping cost regardless of shipping method.

Thanks for the post, Mendrel.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MikeL117

Total Posts:  8

There is a lot of information on this (and related) threads, unfortunately a lot of it is out of date.

The recent versions ver 1.2.0.3 and later have the .htaccess fix included so you shouldn’t need to use the other hacks to make it work with PHP as CGI.
Getting all the relevant configurations setting correct is rather obscure, I have tried so many different variations I’m not sure which has been necessary and which are “red herrings”
Follow the guide in the Wiki http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/using_google_checkout_with_magento
This does not seem to give any obviously wrong info, except where it tells you the if you get a Page Not Found (404) error then your HTTP basic authentication is not working. NOT TRUE. If you try to access this without the correct data you will get a 404 error regardless.
If you are getting orders showing up in Magento and/or you are getting any options for shipping rates it IS working so forget that and look at why the shipping options you do get are not what you expect.
If you have set Merchant calculated shipping in Google Checkout>Settings>Integration>Advanced AND in Magento Configuration>Google API>Google Checkout Delivery - Merchant Calculated AND added the appropriate Allowed Methods and you still get 0 or the default amount for the shipping, sometimes then you have run across a Google Checkout BUG.
Yes, there is a silly bug in the Google Checkout side of the Merchant Calculations. If there are ANY of the allowed methods that do not return a calculated value Google sets ALL the values to either the default amount or Zero rather than just the ones it could not get.
OK so you are very careful to match the allowed methods for Google to be the same as the allowed methods for your delivery method. Still may not always work. If one method is not appropriate for the weight or region then it will not give a value to Google so ALL the methods are back to the default or zero.

There needs to be some extra logic in Magento to either always give a result to Google (this is probably a bad idea) or to dynamically select the allowed shipping methods presented to Google from the list of allowed methods based on the methods giving actual results from the module calculating the shipping costs.

I hope this makes some sort of sense. I has taken me all night to realise what was actually going on after following several dead ends.

There is also another bug where the weight unit is always set to pounds instead of kg or g if set in the module.

Hopefully this will help to lead the powers that be in the right direction and the rest of us can stop pulling our hair out over this.

For those that do not want to get a SSL certificate it works happily with the shared certificate often offered with shared hosting. If you don’t have access to this you will need to get your own as this level (level2) of integration with Google Checkout requires an SSL connection as it only uses HTML authentication which is UNSAFE without it. ( the Sandbox does not require SSL so you can test things before you obtain an SSL certificate)
Please use Sandbox to test your integration with Google, I know it is a right Royal pain to set it all up (it is easier than PayPal’s Sandbox, just) but it is must better than costing your customers lots of money or worse losing lots of orders because it is not working as you expect.

Good Luck
Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community