Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
files missing from the package? 

hydro

Total Posts:  28

While playing with Transactional Emails I did the following:

System - Transactional Emails - Add New Template - Loaded the “New Invoice” template and click “Preview”

I got a bunch of error text and the first line was the following:

WarningMage_Core_Block_Template::include([snip]/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/email/order/items_invoice.phtml)

Well, I went to the directory: /app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/email/order/ and noticed there is no items_invoice.phtml. Ok .. I thought maybe it was not uploaded so I downloaded again magento from this website (zip archive). Unzipped and checked the same directory. The file is not there as well.

I copied app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order/items_invoice.phtml to app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/email/order/ and the error was fixed.  A symbolic link would have probably also do the trick.

How come that the file items_invoice.phtml in app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/email/order/ is missing in the just downloaded .zip archive and apparently is needed? or am I wrong?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

golles

Total Posts:  257

you are correct - I have just found this out too, so far I believe at least the following templates are missing:

app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/email/order/items_creditmemo.phtml
app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/email/order/items_invoice.phtml
app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/email/order/items_shipment.phtml

I have downloaded the zip and tar packages and they are all the same (i.e. these files are missing).

Any chance of these being added ASAP

cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

golles

reported as bug issue #4317

http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=1708

Magento Community
Magento Community

golles

this bug has been marked as resolved in the bug tracking system, but the download still has the missing files.

I assume this means that the issue will be resolved in the next release?? rather than resolved right now??

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

hydro

golles - 15 April 2008 06:16 AM

this bug has been marked as resolved in the bug tracking system, but the download still has the missing files.

thanks

maybe they have changed the code to make use of the files in app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order/ which are already present.

Magento Community
Magento Community

golles

hydro - 15 April 2008 06:26 AM

maybe they have changed the code to make use of the files in app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order/ which are already present.

if that is the case ( and I have not tested) then it cannot still be called v1.0 the version number should increment with every code change.

it would be good to get an update on the bug report so we know for sure

have you tried copying the templates you highlight above to the correct place? do they work ok?

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

hydro

golles - 15 April 2008 06:32 AM

if that is the case ( and I have not tested) then it cannot still be called v1.0 the version number should increment with every code change.

it would be good to get an update on the bug report so we know for sure

have you tried copying the templates you highlight above to the correct place? do they work ok?

thanks

Well, I don’t think they have changed the code in the current v1.0 but they might have done that in their development version of the code.

If you copy the template files from app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order/ to app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/email/order/ everything works fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

golles

ok, cool - thanks for that

Magento Community
Magento Community

w3lly

Total Posts:  4

my solution was to copy following:

./app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order/invoice/items.phtml -> ./app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order/items_invoice.phtml
./app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order/shipment/items.phtml -> ./app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order/items_shipment.phtml
./app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order/shipment/track.phtml -> ./app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order/shipment_track.phtml

than it works wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

w3lly

... and following copy

./app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order/creditmemo/items.phtml -> ./app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order/items_creditmemo.phtml

greetings David

Magento Community
Magento Community

benau

Total Posts:  26

Cheers Hydro! You solution worked for my installation on MediaTemple of Magento 1.0.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gideonvalor

Cumberland, RI

w3lly - 24 August 2008 12:29 PM

my solution was to copy following:

./app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order/invoice/items.phtml -> ./app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order/items_invoice.phtml
./app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order/shipment/items.phtml -> ./app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order/items_shipment.phtml
./app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order/shipment/track.phtml -> ./app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order/shipment_track.phtml

than it works wink

As of Magento 1.2.1 this seems to be different:

I simply moved the creditmemo, invoice, items and shipment folders here - /app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order/

to here - /app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/email/order/

works great so far, I can preview all of my customized transactional e-mails through the admin.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cgoldberg

Total Posts:  37

Tommienbp-
Did you ever find a fix for this issue? I “upgraded” to 1.3.2.1 and now have the same issue.
Thx.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lowkey704

Total Posts:  41

I have tried a few things but nothing is working. I am still getting the error message. I am trying to send the shipment email but I get the same error code over and over. I have tired the copy and paste method… not working…

I am also using 1.3.2.2 and still not working. Hopefully the next update will fix that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cgoldberg

Total Posts:  37

The upgrade to 1.3.2.2 seems to have fixed this form me…

Magento Community
Magento Community

lowkey704

Total Posts:  41

I was looking at the bottom of my Admin Page and see this Magento ver. 1.3.2.1 I thought I updated but maybe something didn’t go right? Shouldn’t it now say Magento ver. 1.3.2.2?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2