Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Out of Stock

gamelodge

Total Posts:  89
Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Hi - I am having problems with my configurable product always saying its out of stock.

I have searched the forum and this was a known bug in 0.7… but aparently its been fixed.

I have a Simple Product - A
I have a configurable product - B

I have Minimum Qty for Items’ Status to be In Stock set to 0

I have B set to “In stock”
i have A set to “in stock” and 50 available

B still shows up as out of stock :(

what am I doing wrong?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

etho201

Total Posts:  85
Summerville, SC

Did you set “Simple Product - A” to in stock and set the stock amount?

Magento Community
Magento Community

gamelodge

Total Posts:  89
Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Yes Simple product A = in Stock & 50 and B = In stock will edit above to reflect that better

Magento Community
Magento Community

etho201

Summerville, SC

I have never had a problem with this… until today! I think you jinxed me. tongue laugh

I made a configurable product and assigned an attribute… later I decided I wanted to change my attribute but it doesn’t seem Magento lets you change attributes for configurable products after they are created (I REALLY HOPE THEY CHANGE THAT SOON). So I made a new configurable product with the correct attribute and then I deleted my old one and I made 2 simple products… Everything is “IN STOCK” as usual and everything is enabled… but now it says my product is out of stock on the store front. Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

etho201

Summerville, SC

Ok, I found the solution to my problem.. hopefully this works for you!

Manage products, and select your configurable product… then go to associated products on the left. Under “Super product attributes configuration” make sure your simple products are listed below that and make sure they are checked, then save. Everything should work after that. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Also on the Configurable Product settings on the left is one called Inventory - make sure you set the product to In Stock there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sysk

Total Posts:  56

I am having the same problem as gamelodge for revision 19700 (magento 1.0) ...

Configurable products ALWAYS show Out of stock - whatever you do ... I tried everything… all my simple products are set to In Stock and inventory > 0.. My configurable product is set to In Stock… but it keeps showing Out of stock in the front end.

I strongly believe this is a bug and should be fixed soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Shamans

Total Posts:  26

sysk - 05 May 2008 06:12 AM

I am having the same problem as gamelodge for revision 19700 (magento 1.0) ...

Configurable products ALWAYS show Out of stock - whatever you do ... I tried everything… all my simple products are set to In Stock and inventory > 0.. My configurable product is set to In Stock… but it keeps showing Out of stock in the front end.

I strongly believe this is a bug and should be fixed soon.

Follow etho201’s instruction.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andrea, Argentina

Total Posts:  164
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Manage products, and select your configurable product… then go to associated products on the left. Under “Super product attributes configuration” make sure your simple products are listed below that and make sure they are checked, then save. Everything should work after that. smile

First I created a configurable product.
After that I created in asoaciated products quick simple products. When creating, the simple products goes to the list at bottom of page, then I thaught everything was ok.
But when I see the product on the catalog it says “out of stock”.
My simple products have 5 each of them but my configurable product remains 0.
When I tried to follow the instructions about “super product attributes”, I realize that the simple products are not in the list and don’t know how to add them or how to do with this issue of “out of stock”

Thank you for help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zardinuk

Total Posts:  7

Yeah I’m having the same problem. I can’t get it to show it as stocked. In the “associated products” screen I have both items listed, they both say they’re in stock, and they’re both checked. On the configurable product inventory screen i have “manage stock: yes” and “stock availability: in stock”. Still says out of stock on the product page.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aussie Paul

Total Posts:  8

I’m having the same problem here.
Fridge Seals

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zardinuk

Total Posts:  7

I fixed the problem by moving from SVN to the latest release tarball. The SVN seems to have been corrupted somehow.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cooldar

Total Posts:  95

I have the same problem. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

dave stockmann

Total Posts:  28

Has this problem been fixed?  I am encountering the same problem.  No matter what I do, the configurable product shows “out of stock”.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andreas 7

Total Posts:  3

Hello

This is my first post, so, sorry if I miss to respect some guideline on how to post here.

I have had the same problem. Apart from the stock settings mentioned earlier by other members, check for each of the “simple products” associated to your “configurable product” whether they are activated on your website. Go to each “simple product”, click on where it says “Websites” on the left and the box before “Main Website” should be marked. This solved it for me. The problem seems to be that when you use “quick create” to add an associated product, this box remains blank by default for the “simple products”. Hope this solves it for others too. If anyone knows how to change this by default, please post.

Andreas

Magento Community
Magento Community

tabatha

Total Posts:  31
Arkansas

Make sure ALL product status are set to Enabled. That was my problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2