Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PHP application and Magento

ashleyward

Total Posts:  9

Ok so i’ve just began building my first magento estore, and its going well.....

...but, I’m trying to integrate an application whereby:

a user could upload an image, preview what this would look like on a t-shirt or sweatshirt and then purchase the item

and I would then recieve a copy of the image (to put on the shirt and send to them)

similar to cafepress.

is this possible?

Can magento work with javascript apps?

Any ideas on where to begin or where to look?

Anything would be great!

Thanks, Ash

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

My experience has shown that any and all JS or Flash etc works just fine in Product descriptions, perhaps you can just put youro JS there?.  There is also cms static blocks in which you can put any html, xhtml, css, js etc etc.  Not sure if that helps, having not totally seen what and where you want to do this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ashleyward

thanks for your reply

the type of implementation I was looking for can be seen here:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/designer.aspx

this is what i am hoping to emulate.

an “upload image onto item” style application that would sit after product choice and before payment

is this possible do you think?

Thanks

Ashley

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

Yes I think thats possible, thru a series of layers to navigat thru, via categories. I gues it would be
T-SHirts show your various tshirts on this category/product page
-----they select a style they like andit goes to long description/short description page
---------you put your javascript in either of those descriptions areas

I don’t know any reason it would not work as it does on that site, as long as you setup the JS the same way. I don’t thnk you can do it with the image that shows by default in the descriptiono page, but I do thihkn you can take up the description area with your JS.  There it would show the t-shirt and have the upload button etc and overlay what they upload onto the tshirt in the JS At least on simple overview it seems workable to me.  I have inserted Flash video into descriptions, php scripts etc. I don’t know why JS would not work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ashleyward

thank you very much

I will investigate and no doubt be back with more questions!

thanks again

Magento Community
Magento Community

ashleyward

right, after some more thought I’ve decided to write the application using PHP, is it possible to embed this PHP application in the correct place? i.e. after the user has chosen the product and before moving through to the payment section?

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

ashleyward

OK,

I’ve written a small piece of code in PHP, which allows a user to upload an image, then it downsizes the image size and displays the small image in the browser window, the orginal image is posted to a folder on the server.

I’ve attached the code below (if you want to trial it, create a folder called “images” in the root folder where the images will be stored....

So, this on the way to creating the app which I need:

As I mentioned before I am hoping to create a T-shirt design application, so this app, should sit in the product window (in magento) and the small image which is generated should sit on top of the existing product image (of a tshirt) which will be stored in the magento folder on the server.

Can any one help me make this a reality?

Thanks so much

Ashley

File Attachments
imageresize.php  (File Size: 3KB - Downloads: 91)

Magento Community
Magento Community

devx

Total Posts:  20

Hi ashleyward.
I too have been looking for something similar. There have been quite a few people requesting something similar. Unfortunately I am not fimilar with PHP. Have you tried contacting the magento team. Maybe they can help you (since there have been request)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community