Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 3 of 3
Magento BridgeConnect - Backoffice Integration (SAP, Microsoft, QuickBooks, Sage, and More)

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

DavidRutherford - 25 April 2011 05:23 AM

Sorry, we got hit by several Tornadoes yesterday, but here is what i know.

Hope you are Ok?

As for DB synchronization, is it possible to provide detailed specification? What data should be synchronized, what format, how frequently, etc?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

DavidRutherford

Total Posts:  9

Turnkeye.com - 29 April 2011 07:01 AM

Hope you are Ok?

As for DB synchronization, is it possible to provide detailed specification? What data should be synchronized, what format, how frequently, etc?

Yes, I made it through, thank you very much.

Let see if I can get the right info here,

I want to Sync the Master file, Location Table, and Inventory Supplier

Formats include, Int-char-varchar-Dec-datetime-var-timestamp

Tied Together with inv_mass_uid

Would like to have real-time, or if not update would be min of 15 mins to 1 hour.

I hope that helps. Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DavidRutherford

Total Posts:  9

DavidRutherford - 02 May 2011 05:25 AM

Turnkeye.com - 29 April 2011 07:01 AM

Hope you are Ok?

Yes, I made it through, thank you very much.

Let see if I can get the right info here,

I want to Sync the Master file, Location Table, and Inventory Supplier

Formats include, Int-char-varchar-Dec-datetime-var-timestamp

Tied Together with inv_mass_uid

Would like to have real-time, or if not update would be min of 15 mins to 1 hour.

I hope that helps. Thank you.

Is this what you are looking for?

Can anyone help direct me to the correct place for this answer? Thank you. DSR

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kammalou

Total Posts:  285
Denmark

Something like this ?

http://www.procontractors.eu/magento/integration/

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiefair
Mentor

Total Posts:  1848

Brent W Peterson - 22 March 2011 08:29 AM

@MiJaMu: Can you tell me which ERP/CRM you are trying to connect to?

I know there are connectors for:

Sage.

Please let me know where to find this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikimobile

Total Posts:  2

Dear All,

I am managing a project which is to develop a new eCommerce website for our client.

We now finished to deploy a SAP solution and we are now deploying a Dynamics 2011 for our CRM.

Anyone has any experience and things to show me regarding adding a Magento solution binded to our 2 existing bricks (SAP and Dynamics CRM 2011) ?

Best

Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amtriorix

Total Posts:  1

We are looking for modules, frameworks, scripts and solutions.

So far we are looking to the same answer to this question.

We will try the road OpenERP and the latest OpenERP connector.
The only thing to do so far is sync between webservices with
a 3th party accountancy program.

ProContractors - 08 September 2010 04:33 AM

ProContractors Magento Integration Architecture

- Just my 50 cent wink

ProContractors - 04 July 2011 11:37 AM

Something like this ?

http://www.procontractors.eu/magento/integration/

Your commercial spamming techique is pretty boring and amateuristic.
I think Your products and services are much alike, because You
do not offer any module, product, whatever.

You deliver only custom integration, we can do this ourselves !
Most of all are integrators or developers.

So please quit stopping to promote your ‘services’.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DavidCool

Well, from what I understand, I’d suggest using the Automated Product Import addon for Store Manager for Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

eAppWare

Total Posts:  23

For future reference, there are three key approaches to integration, point-to-point, hub & bus.

- With point-to-point integration Magento and/or SAP must learn each others datasets and language, this is normally hard coded via extensions or custom coding, however any upgrades or changes to business rules need to be recoded and fully integration tested, it is quick to implement and hard to maintain. Almost all extensions and connectors will be of this type.

- With hub integration an ETL solution is used which is effectively a translator between the two environments, this places the burden of conversion in a central location and can supply data to multiple targets quicker and more efficiently. This is the middle solution between point-to-point and ESB balancing out implementation speed and ongoing maintenance, ETL is used by most companies for integration.

- With bus integration an ESB solution is used which requires Magento and SAP to speak a common language (the ESB format) and it is the responsibility of Magento & SAP to convert their datasets to the ESB solution. This requires integration between at least three applications to be effective, it has the longest implementation cycle and requires the most governance.

Given that, providing point-to-point integration from Magento to SAP is a time consuming, error prone, and costly process to track both Magento and SAP changes with all the different versions of software and then taking in to account business specific rules. With the advent of open source ETL, pre-built SAP and other connectors, ability to rapidly deploy these solutions given middleware experience and the fact that most businesses use ETL for integration, many software vendors and end-companies are moving away from point-to-point integration.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nChannel
Guru

Total Posts:  329

I see this thread got bumped just this week and many of the people in here are/were looking for Magento integration solutions with ERP, POS and other eCommerce systems. Magento definitely has some extensions that help with integration so surely do a quick search on their extensions page for a list of connectors: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/

If you’re looking for a fully integrated system that connects Magento with all of your backend systems (POS, ERP, Accounting, other eCommerce systems, eBay, etc.) feel free to contact our team at any time. We provide a solution to help integrate these systems together with your Magento store: http://www.nchannel.com/connect-magento-2/

For existing Magento sites, once downloaded, our Magento connector starts copying your customer, item, sales and supplier data to the nchannel platform. Simply add additional connectors for the other channel systems you use to begin exchanging data between Magento and any other channel

If you have any questions or would like to chat, feel free to contact us..

Darren
nChannel
1-800-406-8217

Magento Community
Magento Community

alexsalmon

Any other programs out there that have this backoffice integration?  I’m trying to find the best one for our company, so I’m looking around for our options.  Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

eAppWareSaaS

Total Posts:  19

Alex, we have now released SaaS based versions of ETL integration connecting with all major ERP, CRM, POS, eCommerce, accounting & marketplaces for areas such as products, orders, inventory, pricing, etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 3 of 3