Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
Magento BridgeConnect - Backoffice Integration (SAP, Microsoft, QuickBooks, Sage, and More)

Mirabella Bryan

Total Posts:  2

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MiJaMu

Total Posts:  11

Hmm.  I was about to pull the trigger on purchasing Enterprise Edition until I read this thread.  But pulling a feature without notice?  This causes me to pause.

The list of Enterprise Edition features are impressive.  They cover all the bases of a modern ecommerce system.  It\’s good, but, maybe too good to be true.  Are all listed features fully implemented or works in progress?  Maybe it is more of a wishlist than an actual list of functioning features.

I\’m sure the details are in the terms of service agreement, but I think this event at least necessitates clarification from Magento.
~ MiJaMu

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adem3

Total Posts:  1

Hi all,

you are true! our team is also interested to purchase BridgeConnect.
Please let my know about price and its features.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  924
Culver City

Mirabella Bryan - 09 March 2011 10:19 AM

rondata - 13 September 2010 09:07 AM
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late response. As I’m sure you’re aware, BridgeConnect was available to Enterprise customers only. If you have any particular questions about BridgeConnect, the future of, support, etc.—The best idea is to open a support ticket.  I think you’ll get faster answers especially because everyone’s questions are going to be specific to their individual situations.

Thanks,

Rhonda

Hi Rhonda,

The question that was asked about what happened to BridgeConnect is not “specific to… individual situations,” since it applies to all of us who used to have the service.  This should not require a support ticket.

Why doesn’t Magento respond directly to its customers here as to why it removed a component that now requires us to spend THOUSANDS of dollars to have developed by 3rd parties like PROCONTRACTORS of eBRIDGE?  Or am I mistaken and there is a built in option to help us integrate Magento with our ERP?

Can we get a straight answer?

Greetings,

This was announced in 2009 and we stopped offering it in 2010. It’s now 2011. This has not been offered for over 7 months.

Additionally it was offered to Enterprise Customers only. The only people who have/were affected by this decision I’m sure have already contacted Magento.  If for some reason this is affecting you NOW, you should probably open an Enterprise Support ticket as I already mentioned.

Rhonda

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Culver City

MiJaMu - 22 March 2011 07:02 AM

Hmm.  I was about to pull the trigger on purchasing Enterprise Edition until I read this thread.  But pulling a feature without notice?  This causes me to pause.

The list of Enterprise Edition features are impressive.  They cover all the bases of a modern ecommerce system.  It\’s good, but, maybe too good to be true.  Are all listed features fully implemented or works in progress?  Maybe it is more of a wishlist than an actual list of functioning features.

I\’m sure the details are in the terms of service agreement, but I think this event at least necessitates clarification from Magento.
~ MiJaMu

You do realize how OLD this thread is right?

Rhonda

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

@MiJaMu: Can you tell me which ERP/CRM you are trying to connect to?

I know there are connectors for:

SAP
Microsoft Dynamics NAV
Quickbooks
OpenERP
Fishbowl.
Sage.

What more do you want?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MiJaMu

I am just curious why this feature was pulled and replaced by middleware?

Is this a common practice?

I know it is an old thread, but the questions were not answered and still linger.  Unfortunately, @Brent W. Peterson, our ERP system (Southware, which uses AcuCobol with an ODBC access module) is not on your list.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MiJaMu

I know it is an old thread, but the questions were not answered and still linger.  Unfortunately, @Brent W. Peterson, our ERP system (Southware, which uses AcuCobol with an ODBC access module) is not on your list.

A generic, well documented, built-in connector (like I understood BridgeConnect to be) would be perfect for us because I could customize it to our needs.  Now, my only options seem to be either invest in a third party system, or go without ERP integration.  From my perspective, both those options are a step backward.
~ MiJaMu

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Culver City

MiJaMu - 22 March 2011 09:24 AM

A generic, well documented, built-in connector (like I understood BridgeConnect to be) would be perfect for us because I could customize it to our needs.  Now, my only options seem to be either invest in a third party system, or go without ERP integration.  From my perspective, both those options are a step backward.
~ MiJaMu

I can’t explain to you all the decisions made by Magento before I came on board, and as far as I know, no—it’s not a common thing.  smile Hope that helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community

MatrixChiro

Total Posts:  1

Mirabella, I’m sure we’ll all get an answer here in due time.  Have you tried calling office support?

Magento Community
Magento Community

twisteddiana

Total Posts:  7
Deva, Romania

Brent W Peterson - 22 March 2011 08:29 AM

@MiJaMu: Can you tell me which ERP/CRM you are trying to connect to?

I know there are connectors for:

SAP
Microsoft Dynamics NAV
Quickbooks
OpenERP
Fishbowl.
Sage.

What more do you want?

I would be interested in a SAP connector for Magento Community. Anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

antrax13

Total Posts:  46

I choose magento platform becuse i think it´s the best, but now i looking a good ERP software I am surprised that we have no clear solution to this issue and my questions are:

what erp works best with magento?
all conector cost the same?
somebody tell the price for this conector?
My actual options ERP software are, Open Bravo, Open ERP, work fine with magento?

Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community

DavidRutherford

Total Posts:  9

RoyRubin - 23 October 2009 07:18 PM

Is your eCommerce platform an essential part of achieving success and growth?

Magento Enterprise Edition’s BridgeConnect module helps tie together your Magento deployment with your back office operations. Integrate with world class ERP and accouting suites easily right from within your Magento backend.

Merge and sync customer, order and shipping data. Have your back end run as smoothly as Magento does on your front end, so you can focus on what matters most--selling and taking care of your customers. Take your operations to the next level by eliminating time-consuming manual data input process and increasing the speed of information exchange, resulting in improved customer service efficiency and customer satisfaction.

Learn more at http://www.magentocommerce.com/product/bridgeconnect

Hello everyone, I am new to the site, and I am working with Magento for the first time. I have been working with the product for 3 months and now need to find out if there is a Plug-in for my companies needs.

Is there a Plug-in for SQL? I am looking to be able to import/export into a SQL database?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

DavidRutherford - 21 April 2011 11:02 AM

Hello everyone, I am new to the site, and I am working with Magento for the first time. I have been working with the product for 3 months and now need to find out if there is a Plug-in for my companies needs.

Is there a Plug-in for SQL? I am looking to be able to import/export into a SQL database?

Could you please describe this integration in more details? You have another SQL/MsSQL database and want to import products in real time to Magento?

Magento Community
Magento Community

DavidRutherford

Total Posts:  9

Turnkeye.com - 22 April 2011 05:15 AM

DavidRutherford - 21 April 2011 11:02 AM

Could you please describe this integration in more details? You have another SQL/MsSQL database and want to import products in real time to Magento?

Yes, You are correct, I am looking for a way to Live connect in real time, Thank you in advance. Dsr

Sorry, we got hit by several Tornadoes yesterday, but here is what i know. I have several databases and I would like to have an add-in or plug-in a live connector possibly in real-time, so the SQL and Magento can stay current when records are added or changed. I hope this helps, again i am a new junior member and have not been using Magento that long. Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3