Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Lightbox is nice but…. [ How do I? ]

PCGamesPlus

Total Posts:  166
Sacramento, CA

I’ve been looking at different ways of displaying pictures and I happened across this script called “highslide” it displays the pictures individually in a frame and it lets you arrange them on your desktop. Anyone seen it? Very cool. Only problem is I don’t know enough about inserting code into Magento at this point to do it myself. Anyone want to help? Thanks

here is the link “http://vikjavev.no/highslide/”

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

I installed it… go to backend
system -> magento extensions -> manage extensions -> logi in into magento connect and put the code in the text area

I installed it but in popup image there is no X CLOSE text

Magento Community
Magento Community

PCGamesPlus

Sacramento, CA

You misunderstand my question. I have successfully installed Lightbox. What I was wondering is if anyone could figure out how to install the “Highslide” script. As for the problem with your “X” not showing adjust the path to the .gif in the lightbox.css file to “/skin/frontend/default/default/images/lightbox/” that will fix it

Magento Community
Magento Community

Black Cat
Mentor

Total Posts:  3481
Assemini / Cagliari (Italy)

thanks!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Aviano ~ Italy

4Alarm Games - 09 April 2008 11:30 AM

You misunderstand my question. I have successfully installed Lightbox. What I was wondering is if anyone could figure out how to install the “Highslide” script. As for the problem with your “X” not showing adjust the path to the .gif in the lightbox.css file to “/skin/frontend/default/default/images/lightbox/” that will fix it

Sorry for misunderstanding wink

Thanks for your info, now I will try many thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Aviano ~ Italy

4Alarm Games - 09 April 2008 11:30 AM

As for the problem with your “X” not showing adjust the path to the .gif in the lightbox.css file to “/skin/frontend/default/default/images/lightbox/” that will fix it

I find the css file into css folder… the address to gif was ../images/xxx.gif
I changed all to ../images/lightbox/xxx.gif

but I cannot see them… can you help me?

Many Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

PCGamesPlus

Sacramento, CA

Sorry, my mistake.... it’s in the lighbox.js file that the path to the closelabel.gif is defined change it to “/skin/frontend/default/default/images/lightbox/closelabel.gif” hope that works for you. Regards Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Aviano ~ Italy

4Alarm Games - 09 April 2008 12:14 PM

Sorry, my mistake.... it’s in the lighbox.js file that the path to the closelabel.gif is defined change it to “/skin/frontend/default/default/images/lightbox/closelabel.gif” hope that works for you. Regards Mike

I thank you so much for your help…
but I’m not able to find lightbox.js

no in js folder ( I have giftmessage, paypal and checkout)
no in images/lightbox folder (only gif and jpeg images)
no in css folder (only css files)

maybe the addon is not properly installed?

thank You

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Aviano ~ Italy

FIND IT!!

it is in the root category sorry

:-D

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Aviano ~ Italy

Only an explanation for future questions:

in the root category js/lightbox/lightbox.js

need to change the link to images folder of lightbox

these
at line 65/66

var fileLoadingImage = “/skin/frontend/default/default/images/lightbox/loading.gif”;
var fileBottomNavCloseImage = “/skin/frontend/default/default/images/lightbox/closelabel.gif”;

with these
var fileLoadingImage = “../../skin/frontend/default/default/images/lightbox/loading.gif”;
var fileBottomNavCloseImage = “../../skin/frontend/default/default/images/lightbox/closelabel.gif”;

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

ahh!! How I wish we could come back to the original topic of discussion. On HighSlide, guys in case you are not aware, you need a license for commercial use and on the integration part -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/3766/

Magento Community
Magento Community

PCGamesPlus

Sacramento, CA

So glad somone came back on point. Yes, I realize that in commercial applications it would need to be licensed. However for non-commercial it does not. Just getting it up and running inside of Magento does not constitute commercial use. It would be up to the individual to get his or her own license to use in an e-commerce setting. I was hoping that someone would help make this more readily available to Magento users. I think that lightbox, although nice, is becoming passe’. Anyway for what’s it’s worth, somebody lend a keyboard… er.. hand. Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

PCGamesPlus

Sacramento, CA

Update to this thread. I just installed a theme from Magento Connect called “Telescope Theme” and it looks like it has incorporated the “Highslide” script in it. Give it an install and have a look see. Pretty cool effect.

Magento Community
Magento Community

John Rock

Total Posts:  13

4Alarm Games - 09 April 2008 03:55 PM

Update to this thread. I just installed a theme from Magento Connect called “Telescope Theme” and it looks like it has incorporated the “Highslide” script in it. Give it an install and have a look see. Pretty cool effect.

Where can we find this theme? Do you have a link where we can preview?

Ok I found the link to the theme: http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/135/telescope-theme

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community