Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin login has stopped working - Live site NOT localhost

WeakLemonDrink

Total Posts:  13

Hi,

I’m having an absolute nightmare with a live Magento site and was wondering if anyone had experienced this problem before and could offer some advice.

This afternoon, for reason that I can figure out, the admin login stopped working.  When I enter the correct login details I’m just redirected back to a blank login form.  If I try incorrect login details I get the expected error.

This seems to be a widespread issue with development sites on ‘localhost’ but this doesn’t explain why it’s happening on a real domain and why it would suddenly stop working like this.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

WeakLemonDrink

Oh, one more thing - normal custom login is working fine as, as far as I can tell, the rest of the frontend site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MarkWakeford

Total Posts:  4

Hey weaklemondrink,

I am having said issues aswell.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/58933/

Still no replies on my thread either, Let me know if you sort it out and Ill do the same, I have reinstalled Magneto for a third time expect I am using the database option instead of file system for cache entries or something to that effect. Its one of the options when installing cant recall 100% what it said. Ive also copied the encrypted password entry in phpmyadmin to see if its actually changing but I haven’t had it fail again. Holding thumbs.

Regards,

Mark.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WeakLemonDrink

Thanks for your reply Mark.

From my extensive Googling this afternoon I get the impression this is a problem with a number of causes so it’s hard for people to pin down exactly what might cause it for any one person.

As it happens, this just started working for me about half an hour ago.  I’m not sure whether it’s something I did, but I *think* it was the following and it just took longer than I expected to take effect on the site.

Comment out this block in <b>/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php</b>

// set session cookie params
        /*
        session_set_cookie_params(
            $this->getCookie()->getLifetime(),
            $this->getCookie()->getPath(),
            $this->getCookie()->getDomain(),
            $this->getCookie()->isSecure(),
            $this->getCookie()->getHttponly()
        );
        */

It should start at around line 77.

This is obviously not ideal and it needs further looking into, but at the very least my client will actually be access his admin area over the weekend until I can look into it with fresh eyes on Monday smile

Hope this works for you, because I honestly feel your pain.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MarkWakeford

Total Posts:  4

Thanks for that,

Are you using filesystem cookies or database ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

WeakLemonDrink

I couldn’t actually tell you, to be honest.  Whatever the Magento the default is, I guess!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community