Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to enable Layered Navigation? 

Sintax

Total Posts:  58
Hungary

How can I get layered navigation to appear on the category page? I have several products and the price range does not appear like with previous versions. Is there a setting I need to add?

The products have custom attributes also which have the “Use in layered navigation” option set.

Any ideas?

::Sintax

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dan_w

Total Posts:  290

Did you set the category to anchor?

Magento Community
Magento Community

glaDiator

Total Posts:  65

Ajazza has written a post on layered navigation ........ I think it will help ......... Have a look at the following thread

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5500/

Magento Community
Magento Community

husby

Total Posts:  72
Roseville, MN

I am trying to enable layered navigation for the default category view.  However, it only shows a price layered navigation (not any of the attributes I placed in a custom attribute group).  How can I enable layered navigation for all of the attributes that have been set for layered navigation, and not just the default ones like price?

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

husby

Roseville, MN

In other words, is there a way to assign a category to a default attribute model to be used for layered navigation?  I think the problem is that the attributes I am wanting are defined in a custom group.  If I do any search, they all show up just fine.  Just not when I click on the category.

Please help if you can!  Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

husby

Roseville, MN

^bump

Does nobody check the forums anymore?  I have to say I expected more from an open source cart.........

Magento Community
Magento Community

clarkeandrew

Total Posts:  2

Found this post while I was experiencing the same problem. Rebuilding the Layered Navigation Indices and Search Indices will sort this out. You can do this from the System->Cache Management menu. Hope this helps.

Andrew

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community