Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PAYPAL PROBLEMS ****HELP PLEASE***** :-(

netwings

Total Posts:  4

Hi there,

i’ve got magento up and running on my server. The problem is when a user comes for the first time and buys something magento does not send the price to paypal, so the user has to put in the price info themselves. It works fine if the user is already registered or if you try as a guest,

I am using magento 1.0

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Wagner

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

DraconPern

Total Posts:  12
Texas, USA

This should be in the ‘How Do I’ section.  Don’t forget to give a bit more description on reproducing the error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

netwings

Total Posts:  4

I am not sure the category “how do i” would be suitable either, since the problem is not relating to usability but it looks more like a bug.

I will try to give you a further description to the problem:

If a user comes to buy something for the first time they are asked if they want to register or check out as a guest.

Lets say the user types in their registration details and move in step by step to the final page before it is redirected to the paypal payments standard uk page, the problem starts when the redirected paypal website loads up and the price information has not been transferred, so pay pal will ask the user to put in the price information themselves.

The same problem does not happen if the user is already registered or tries to check out as a guest, the price will be sent over to paypal without any problems.

weird....

Any help will be apreciated.

Many Thanks for taking the time.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community