Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t retrieve entity config: core/store_group

meujwal

Total Posts:  4

I have transfer the magento site to another server. Fist of all I have installed fresh magento and upload the all files and folder. I have updated database as well. Previously the error was different. But I have searched in the web and fount some solution (http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/71051/) and now the error coming like this. I have already uploaded lib/Varien/SimpleXML folder of magento 17.

Can’t retrieve entity config: core/store_group
Trace:

/homepages/20/d317798792/htdocs/imedicia/site/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource.php(140): Mage::throwException(’Can’t retrieve ...’)
/homepages/20/d317798792/htdocs/imedicia/site/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Abstract.php(228): Mage_Core_Model_Resource->getTableName(’core/store_grou...’)
/homepages/20/d317798792/htdocs/imedicia/site/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Abstract.php(211): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Abstract->getTable(’store_group’)
/homepages/20/d317798792/htdocs/imedicia/site/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Collection/Abstract.php(83): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Abstract->getMainTable()
/homepages/20/d317798792/htdocs/imedicia/site/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Collection/Abstract.php(69): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Collection_Abstract->_initSelect()
/homepages/20/d317798792/htdocs/imedicia/site/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(790): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Collection_Abstract->__construct(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Store_Group))
/homepages/20/d317798792/htdocs/imedicia/site/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(832): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance(’core_mysql4/sto...’, Object(Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Store_Group))
/homepages/20/d317798792/htdocs/imedicia/site/app/Mage.php(345): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getResourceModelInstance(’core/store_grou...’, Object(Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Store_Group))
/homepages/20/d317798792/htdocs/imedicia/site/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(200): Mage::getResourceModel(’core/store_grou...’, Object(Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Store_Group))
/homepages/20/d317798792/htdocs/imedicia/site/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(205): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->getResourceCollection()
/homepages/20/d317798792/htdocs/imedicia/site/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(373): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->getCollection()
/homepages/20/d317798792/htdocs/imedicia/site/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(244): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initStores()
/homepages/20/d317798792/htdocs/imedicia/site/app/Mage.php(427): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’’, ‘store’, Array)
/homepages/20/d317798792/htdocs/imedicia/site/app/Mage.php(446): Mage::app(’’, ‘store’, Array)
/homepages/20/d317798792/htdocs/imedicia/site/index.php(52): Mage::run()
{main}
Please help.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

You say you have transferred the site to another server, but at the same time installed a fresh Magento. I’m confused? Why did you do a new install if you wanted to transfer the site?

Magento Community
Magento Community

meujwal

Total Posts:  4

First I installed fresh magento and i overwrite it with previous one. Please guide me what should i do ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

You should not do a fresh install if you are transferring an existing Magento site from a different server. Just transfer the files and the database to the new server, and adjust the app/etc/local.xml to match the settings of your database server.

Here is a tutorial: https://www.properhost.com/members/knowledgebase/4/How-can-I-transfer-my-Magento-store-from-another-provider.html

It is written specifically for our servers, but you can apply the same principles to any hosting environment as long as you have SSH access.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community