Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Connect manager login loop

boxer1732

Total Posts:  14

We are also experiencing the same problems here with a multi store setup.  Working on this now - will post solution if we can figure it out.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

boxer1732

Total Posts:  14

Hi - update - was able to make this work by hand typing the domain that shows in the return to admin url at the top right of the login page in a new browser window as:

http://domain/downloader

I then logged in fine, added an extension, etc - without issues.

Not positive if it’s related or not, but the url that shows in that link is our default website of the 7 sites we have.  we access our admin through a IP address that is set as our default urls in the configuration.

Hope this helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community

yosefdov

Total Posts:  2

Clearing Firefox cache worked but not on IE. It is some caching issue which IE cannot clear but Firefox can. The problem began when I tried to assign a new user to a new role and then tried to login in to check the permissions. I believe the issue arises when the user role is not admin but has magento connect enabled. I could only get Firefox to login after disabling those magento connect permissions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Total Posts:  335

This happens in MSIE as well. not a cache issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brian Mark

Total Posts:  48

Finally figured out what happened.

Go to “Manage Stores”, the click on your “Admin” site in the Website. Make sure it’s clicked as “Default”.

That works for us anyway.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cheeseandrice

Total Posts:  120

{SOLVE} for some

This can happen if you have you browser cache disabled

Magento Community
Magento Community

danielspijker

Total Posts:  26

Damn BrianMark,

That worked!

--
Go to “Manage Stores”, the click on your “Admin” site in the Website. Make sure it’s clicked as “Default”.

Magento Community
Magento Community

webmaster18

Total Posts:  23

I had the same issue, but the issue was happening all of a sudden in Firefox. I went and tried the link in Internet Explorer and works!
cheese

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paul Whipp

I have exactly the same issue in 1.4.2. Not sure when the problem started but it was working fine when I upgraded to 1.4.2.

I went to connect manager to do an upgrade and even though I enter the correct admin credentials the login screen just redisplays each time.

Looking in var/log/system.log I see:

2011-09-06T00:38:17+00:00 ERR (3): WarningCannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at /home/paul/websites/ahs/downloader/Maged/Controller.php:1)  in /home/paul/websites/ahs/downloader/Maged/Controller.php on line 352
-09-06T00:38:18+00:00 ERR (3): Warningsession_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]Cannot send session cookie headers already sent by (output started at /home/paul/websites/ahs/downloader/Maged/Controller.php:1)  in /home/paul/websites/ahs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php on line 115
-09-06T00:38:18+00:00 ERR (3): Warningsession_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]Cannot send session cache limiter headers already sent (output started at /home/paul/websites/ahs/downloader/Maged/Controller.php:1)  in /home/paul/websites/ahs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php on line 115
-09-06T00:38:18+00:00 ERR (3): WarningCannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at /home/paul/websites/ahs/downloader/Maged/Controller.php:1)  in /home/paul/websites/ahs/downloader/Maged/Controller.php on line 352
-09-06T00:38:19+00:00 ERR (3): Warningsession_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]Cannot send session cookie headers already sent by (output started at /home/paul/websites/ahs/downloader/Maged/Controller.php:1)  in /home/paul/websites/ahs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php on line 115
-09-06T00:38:19+00:00 ERR (3): Warningsession_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]Cannot send session cache limiter headers already sent (output started at /home/paul/websites/ahs/downloader/Maged/Controller.php:1)  in /home/paul/websites/ahs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php on line 115

The only change I’m aware of that could have caused this problem is that I updated my local test server (which generated the above errors - its where I do updates to the store) to Zend PHP Server CE. I don’t know if that is relevant.

Following the confusion in this thread, I tried chromium browser and Firefox browser v6 and both give the same result. I don’t think the problem is browser related although there are perhaps a number of different issues that result in the same symptom.

I’ll post more information here if I get any.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paul Whipp

For some reason the files in my downloader folder were corrupt. I noticed that the encoding was weird when I tried to follow up the errors in the log from earlier in the thread. The corruption may have resulted from a failed attempt to upgrade previously - I don\’t know how that would have caused it though.

To solve the problem:
I unpacked a clean version of Magento 1.4.2 (the version I am running) and copied the downloader files over my corrupted ones.

Then the login to connect manager worked.

I think examining your log file is crucial if you find yourself unable to login to the magento connect manager. I suspect that the failed login is a symptom of many different possible causes so you will only be able to determine if my solution is appropriate to you if you see similar errors in the log.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pedroege

Total Posts:  1

Magento version 1.7.0.2 , I have the same problem of login loop when I want to do any operation with the magento connect manager.

Magento Community
Magento Community

novalis

Total Posts:  266
Berlin, Germany

The issue is with the default store view set in Configuration -> Manage Stores -> Main Website Store. If the StoreView has a different URL and is set as default for the “Main Website Store”, the Downloader will try to execute in the context of that domain.

Either login through the default StoreView URL or change the default StoreView in the “Main Website Store”.

Magento Community
Magento Community

helefa

Total Posts:  9

Big heads up to Paul Whipp !! Your idea was great, I’ve just reinstalled the downloader section of my site. Another company was used for an upgrade a long while back and they messed it up - I’ve been using SSH ever since. This is real nice to be able to login to magento connect manager again!! Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2