Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Connect manager login loop

Paulus
Guru

Total Posts:  335

Hi,

When I click on login the page refreshes showing the same login page…
the URL is showing as if i am logged in:  http://url/magento/downloader/index.php?A=index&loggedin;We did not change a thing really, this is just there, like that.

We run v 1.3.2.4

We tried everything. Clear cache both manually as serverwise, run cleaning scripts etc..

I think we had something like this once before a year ago, then somebody said to just re-upload some files. Who knows a solution like that, or different?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cedexx

Total Posts:  1

This is something tipical with free softwares and shopping carts, they show you some very nice printscreens with how your website can look like but they don’t tell you through how much hussle you need to get to actually be able to use one of this bloody things.

I’m using one and one, yeah so? that’s not the problem for a silly loop at installation which has keep me here for 3 hours.

I’ve paid £3800 to have a proper ecommerce website built by professional and to be honest when I’ve seen this website I thought damn! I’ve just spent nearly £4000 for nothing. Now? I’ve totally changed my mind. I know that I pay for something that will work, will be installed and without any bugs (or at least which can be fixed by some professional web designers and programmers).

There’s no ecommerce website in this world which can compete with a webdesign agency and a bespoke website. The reason? Because every business it’s different, from products to deliveries, from price scheme to details of the products, everything it’s so different that would be impossible for somebody to create a website which you can actually install it in less than a week to work properly, to be able to add and customize your products as you want.

So because of this problem and so many others that I can see on the Forum, today I resign from using this Magento.

Good luck everybody and don’t be stressed you’ll get there…

PS: Can’t you really see how many help buttons are all over the website? books and tutorials? that’s not because it’s an intuitive nice and easy to use shopping cart, it’s because is not working, only if you spend hours and hours trying to modify lines etc.

PS2: What do you mean by this website has being built in Linux so we don’t know if will upload your images in Windows? smile) that’s hilarious.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Thanks for your reply.

Anybody else?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Not a single soul?
[last bump]

Magento Community
Magento Community

metalhead85

Total Posts:  3

I also have this problem. How can we post this issue to Magento developers ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Wow, 1 other person wink

No idea how to post, nor if it will help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

piotr_cz

Total Posts:  9

The same just happened to me :(

Magento Connect Manager stopped working, just by itself.
After logging in (address bar is /downloader/index.php?A=index&loggedin;) shows empty page.

I’ve cleared /downloader/pearlib/download but with no luck.

pls help

Update:
I reuploaded Connect Manager (/downloader folder) and it helped

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brian Mark

Total Posts:  48

Same issue here. I noticed that mousing over the “Return to Magento Administration” link gives the wrong domain (we have several stores on our install), so I’m thinking it might be related to cookies being set for the wrong domain.

Doesn’t help fix that it’s not working, but just something I noticed on our install.

Does everyone else having this issue also have multiple stores?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Brian, same here!

This url is not even the Admin url either, i think it is the of our first store, yours?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brian Mark

Ours is the URL of our 6th store, not first. Admin is on the 4th normally. Very odd, but I think there’s got to be a hint in there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brian Mark

Logging in to it on the domain that is listed on “Return to Magento Administration” makes it work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Brian Mark - 24 February 2010 10:37 AM

Logging in to it on the domain that is listed on “Return to Magento Administration” makes it work.

Wow, if that’d work you da man, lol.
Checking immediately ....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Not working here (yet) as we keep being redirected to the admin base domain. I know there’s a setting though that makes you login from each store, I’ll check that and get back ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

I only found one place to change this and i am hesitant to change it there as I might not be able to login at all anymore (I got carefull after two magento years;-))

Only place i found where i can chnge admin url settings is here:

Config -> Admin -> Admin Base URL / Custom admin URL (Please make sure that Base URL ends with ‘/’ (slash), e.g. http://yourdomain/magento/)

Our main adm is on http://domain/magento/admin, if i change it to http://connect-to-domain/admin/,not sure what will happen. It’s a running store with continuous orders, we’re not playing with that any longer;-)

Any place where we could set the site displayed in connect mngr to have its own admin? I thought that was somewhere as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brian Mark

I’ve looked for it in quite a few of the config files (we’ve also got 100’s of orders each day coming in, so losing admin for any time is not acceptable), If I end up coming up with something, I’ll let you know. But for now, I’m able to log in, although I do most things command line any more anyway.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Brian Mark - 06 March 2010 01:25 PM

I’ve looked for it in quite a few of the config files (we’ve also got 100’s of orders each day coming in, so losing admin for any time is not acceptable), If I end up coming up with something, I’ll let you know. But for now, I’m able to log in, although I do most things command line any more anyway.

Thanks. We’ve been using command line as well, but connect was handy for looking for upgrades on our extensions;-)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2