Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t even get to the checkout page after upgrade

ptomislav

Total Posts:  2

Hi guys,

I have really really strange bug/issue and have no idea how to fix it.
I rarely get to work on magento sites so i am not the expert when it comes to this but i am a web developer and can understand stuff.

I recently got a client website which was with Magento 1.3 version, i updated everything to the latest 1.7.0.2 version following this article

http://turnkeye.com/blog/magento-upgrade-guide/

I encountered quite a lot problems on the way but i finally managed to fix almost everything.

However one nasty bug remained, if i add product to the cart its currently set up to redirect to the cart, and if i press checkout nothing happens, the page refreshes and i get back to the cart. If i try going directly to the url (/checkout/onepage/) i get redirected back to the cart.
I checked the console, there are no errors shown.
I have disabled the theme i use back to the default theme, the same happens.

Does any of you have any idea what the problem could be and how i could fix it?
I’d hate getting the site back to the 1.3 version as it was before.

In addition i have a second problem, after the upgrade all the reports from the past orders are gone.

If i go Reports -> Sales -> Orders and search for the past 10 days i only get reports from the day after the upgrade. All the past days show no reports found even though the client had sales.

I’d appreciate if anyone of you can give me some ideas on how to proceed and where to look for the solution.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community