Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

URL rewrite and category problem

Sintax

Total Posts:  58
Hungary

Hi,

I have the following issue with 1.0. Maybe I am missing something so if someone out there can help me I would be very grateful. I have multiple categories defined (books, CD, posters).
I add them using Manage Categories, then “Add new”. In the setup I set the name “Books”, the URL key which is “books”, I set the “Is Activ” to Y, I set the Display mode to “static block and products” and set the CMS entry to the static entry I made for the category. I also set “Is Anchor” to Y.

Then I add my products to the category.

HOWEVER

When I try to access the URL as http://localhost/magento/books then I get a “401 page not found”. Also once I add the category I cannot change the URL key anymore, it just disappears from the settings.

I also tried to reach the category as http://localhost/magento/catalog/category/view/id/7 But this also gives me a 401 error. The ID is correct, I got it from trying to use the URL Rewrite management for categories. Am I missing something here? The cache is turned off completely to avoid complications.

Can someone please help me because this is getting really frustrating. I didn’t have so much trouble with the beta versions.

Thanks,
::Sintax

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sintax

Hungary

How can I verify that the rewriting is working? It is really annoying since this way the categories are not visible, I can’t even see the layered navigation without opening the category.

Am I the only one having this problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

winzippy

Total Posts:  101
Rochester, NY, USA

If you’re not sure if mod_rewrite is turned on you can make a little php file with a phpinfo() function. That should tell you if it’s on or not.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sintax

Hungary

Hi,

It is turned on. Magento 0.8 was working perfectly on this machine. I upgraded to 1.0 by deleting the directory and its database and installing from scratch. I added the customizations all the attributes and sets manually again and when it was done I noticed that the rewrite is not correct. What can I check to make it work.

If I do a clean install it works, so I must’ve set something accidentaly in the admin menu but cannot find what. Adding/Deleting categories..etc. The annoying part is that I have over 300 attributes and 20 sets which need to be entered again if I cannot get it to function again.

Any ideas?
::Sintax

Magento Community
Magento Community

winans_fred

Total Posts:  83

Hi Sintax,

What is your server? Apache? IIS?

Magento Community
Magento Community