Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I display a specific $_additional data value on the Product Listing? 

NickL

Total Posts:  188

Team Magento,

Is it possible to output a specific “additional” data value for a product?  Here’’s the scenario:

I’d like to display the products SKU and “Designer” attribute on the Catalog listing page.

I’m thinking this can be done with a helper. So i looked at product view.phtml to see how it outputs it.  Here’s what I found:

<?foreach ($_additional as $_data):?>

and

<?foreach ($_additional as $_data):?>

<tr>
                <
td class="label"><?=$_data['label']?></td>
                <
td class="data"><?=$_data['value']?></td>
            </
tr>

<?endforeach;?>

So for each $_additional value it prints it as a Table row. But how can I call a specific _additional attribute? Like the designer attribute I’ve set up (by id). and Also the SKU. The sku is a system attribute right?

Any help would be useful. Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Here’s a wiki article on how to add attributes to product listing:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how-to/add-attributes-to-product-grid

Magento Community
Magento Community

NickL

Thanks so Much Moshe. I’ll check this out now.

Also… as you mentioned. Can you show 1 or 2 examples of using the new <block template> actions?  You mentioned being able to change layout for a product or category. Yes?

Magento Community
Magento Community

NickL

Great Wiki Article… but I’m having trouble printing out an attribute that is of the “Dropdown” (select) Type? It returns an integer value. I DO realize all Dropdowns save their values as Integers in the DB. But is there anyway to print out the Label name instead?  Maybe?

Great work, I love this method so far, let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community