Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Putting an “OR” between ‘Proceed To Checkout’ button and ‘Paypal Express’ button in Shopping Cart page. 

liquid2g

Total Posts:  52

Hi,

I’m finding that on my site (and other Magento sites), shoppers aren’t realising that the PayPal express button is an alternative method for checkout.

Hence, on the Shopping Cart page, I would like to put the word ‘OR’ between the ‘Proceed To Checkout’ button and ‘Paypal Express’ button.
Please see attached picture.

I’ve searched through the files though and can’t find which html / phtml file I have to edit in order to make this happen.

Would really appreciate it if anyone has any ideas on this..

thanks in advance
Luke

Image Attachments
howtoinsertorpaypal.gif

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

L.A.B.

Total Posts:  27
UK

Hello,

I have had the same problem with my customers - the button is very misleading to shoppers.  (It even makes some of my less computer literate cutomers think they HAVE to checkout using PayPal.) I don’t have time to mess about with it what with Christmas sales starting to come in, so I am thinking of removing the button completely - there’s a thread about how to do so here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/53154/

Just an idea.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community