Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Sage Mas 90 Integration

alistek

Total Posts:  293
Normal, IL

Hi,

I currently run Sage Mas 90 as our accounting/invoicing/shipping backend (for better or worse) and am curious if anyone would be interested in a project for integration of the two.  Mas 90 is a mid-level accounting software package that tends to cost a bit more than your standard fare (5k-20k) so I don’t know how many people are using it but I am trying to get a feel for it.  On the newest version (4.2) they finally opened up the API enough to code through COM objects so I can write a Windows service to watch for file changes and sync between an online Magento database (or any other one that is mapped) and a Mas 90 installation.  Any thoughts?

-Adam

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TonyC2639

Total Posts:  1

I am a Sage MAS reseller and we are potentially looking at doing an integration to MAS-90 for a new customer.  I was wondering if you have ever made any progress on this or if you still might be interested in doing the integration, perhaps sharing the cost with another client.

Magento Community
Magento Community

neelsmith

Total Posts:  2

I need this too - I’m looking to get MAS90 working with Magento Cart for e-commerce.

There is also some discussion on this here - http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/9109/
Our company would either help fund or posb. fully fund this project if some is up for it.

Thanks,
Nate

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dan Frydman

Total Posts:  11

Hi there, just found this thread and wondered if you’d found Sage Order Importer?

http://www.sageorderimporter.co.uk/order_importer/features.html

It can be used with XML as in import, so worth a try.

We’re going to be working on using this for a couple of clients in the near future, so let me know if you’d like us to have a look at your own implementation.  It’s primarily for Sage Line 50 and above.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mobilize

Total Posts:  33

Hi,

there is a ERP<-> Shop connector called dmcommerce.

With the connectors import module you can import not only the order data but also export the articles and customers
from your ERP (accounting software from Sage, SelectLine, Exact, Lexware is supported already, for others you have to ask for).
The module is compatible with osCommerce, xtCommerce, Gambio, Oxid, Magento ...

It should be configurable for MAS too.

Feel free to contact me by PM and I will give you a contact.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mobilize

Total Posts:  33

Sorry,

it is called dmConnector. But the website is only in german ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

charliechen

Total Posts:  4

i am interested in this too right now we are thinking of in-synch which cost almost 10k and another 6k to implement it....

Magento Community
Magento Community

point4design

Total Posts:  104

Has anyone made any progress integrating with Mas 90? Please message me, we’d be happy to pay someone with experience integrating magento with mas 90.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Craig Jacobs

Total Posts:  1

I haven’t made a lot of progress, but I did examine the problem in detail for a (potential) client, and the issue is that it is a pretty large project, even ignoring the fact that MAS 90 uses a proprietary data storage system (ProvideX)

Firstly, you need the get the data out of MAS 90 into MySQL, and In-Synch by ROI-Consulting is the perfect tool to do this automatically.  (full disclosure, I’m the original co-developer of In-Synch, but I no longer own part of the product) Or you could use visual integrator or even crystal reports to do it manually, but in the long run those are time consuming options if you are doing a full integration.

Note that this (MAS 90’s proprietary data storage system) isn’t necessarily a bad thing - a nice, well defined interface between the accounting database and the e-commerce application that is under control of the accounting app is, IMO, a good thing.

Once you have your data in a SQL database, then you need to write a number of custom modules, assuming that you want to ensure that an order entered from Magento will have the same prices, etc as one entered in MAS 90, and assuming that you want to display open orders, shipping history, etc.  In-Synch can replicate all the required data to the MySQL database, including the IMB_PriceCode table, for pricing, IM2_InventoryItemWhseDetl for inventory quantities, and all the invoice history, sales order (open and historical), AR_Customer, ship-to addresses, etc.

Firstly the data from MAS 90 tables such as Customer that have existing counterparts in Magento needs to be reconciled and the Magento modules need to be modified to work with this additional information.

Enhancements to show the user their open invoices, payment history, shipping history, etc need to be made

A custom pricing module needs to be created that uses customer price level information and information in the inventory master table and the IMB_PriceCode table to calculate customer specific pricing (this is probably the biggest one)

...and a bunch of other stuff

On the face of it it looked to me that to do a full integration correctly was in excess of a 100 hour project.  I’m interested in discussing this with someone if we could figure out a way to fund it.  I’ve been modifying and implementing MAS 90 for over 20 years and I do a lot of PHP / MySQL development.

If anyone is interested in discussing this further, send me an e-mail at , maybe we can get something going.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community