Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How can I use static HTML pages and add to cart buttons? 

liquilife

Total Posts:  2

We are looking at using Magento to handle our shopping cart and check out process. However, some of our stores are really small, having only 14 products or so. With the massive amount of customization for each product view page, I think it would be much easier to stick with the static HTML pages we have now to list out our products.

With all that said, is there any common techniques to create a button or a link that can pass something on to Magento to add a specific item to the cart? I know that the products would have to be listed in Magento, but have no intention of using the product display via Magento.

I hope this all makes sense!

Thanks for any and all ideas and replies.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

You can use a regular link to add items to your store like this

<a href="http://www.domain.com/checkout/cart/add/product/1922/">Button</a>

you can also add any options you want and attributes like this &option;[34]=123 etc

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community