Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Weight and Google Checkout

jammyjc

Total Posts:  11

Hi, we dont use the weight attribute and are going to be just sending orders out with a fixed shipping rate. So is there anyway to get google checkout to ignore weight? below is the error i get when trying buy a product with checkout

ERROR: Google Checkout: Error parsing XML; message from parser is: Invalid value for attribute value in checkout-shopping-cart/shopping-cart/items/item/item-weight: Required field must not be blank

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jammyjc

Total Posts:  11

Nevermind i’ve just put the Weight attribute back into the sets with a default of ‘1’.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jwebber

Total Posts:  67
Elkhart, Indiana

I am having this same error except we have over 600 simple products. I would prefer not to go back and change every single one to a 0. Any way to fix this? We do not need the weight attribute.

thanks in advance!

Magento Community
Magento Community

TechBundle

Total Posts:  51

You can show all products in the “Product Management” page, check all of them using “Select All”, then select “Update Attributes” in the drop-down box on the right side and hit “Submit”. Scroll down until you see the “Weight” attribute, check the “Change” box, and set the weight to whatever you want.

This will change the weight for every product that you checked in the list.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community