Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Display the Category View in CMS pages

regispatuto

Total Posts:  21

I would like to display the “Category View” in CMS pages.  Basically the view of the Category’s name, picture and description, and have it link to the category page.  I though I would try bringing in the view block by trying:
{{block type="catalog/product_list" category_id="your_category_id" template="catalog/category/view.phtml"}} but I get a pretty bad error, any thoughts?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

regispatuto

Total Posts:  21

The block type I am putting in is actually:
{{block type="catalog/category_view" category_id="13" template="catalog/category/view.phtml"}}

Magento Community
Magento Community

rick_kid

Total Posts:  4

Does anyone have an idea on this?  I am looking to do something similar to this.  I want a custom page that lists the category pictures and descriptions of some selected categories.  I thought I could do it in the CMS, and I thought the code above would work, but it doesn’t seem to.  I can get products in these categories displayed but not the Category Description. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks Rick

Magento Community
Magento Community

zefredbelgium

Total Posts:  12

hello,

i’m also searching a solution to display categories images on first page but i did’nt found any solution yet .....

it must be so simple to do with an e-commerce platform ....

Is someone have an idea ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

zefredbelgium

Total Posts:  12

Someone have a solution ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community