Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade Magento from v1.4.1.1 to v1.7.0.2

anilyadavlko

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I want to upgrade my magento site from version 1.4.1.1 to version 1.7.0.2 but I am unable to upgrade through Magento Connect Manager.

When I paste “magento-core/Mage_All_Latest” in the “Paste extension key to install” field and hit the “Install” button then message is appearing “INVALID POST DATA”.

Also, when I hit “Check for Upgrades” button then it does not show any available updates.

I have tried several times but same problem is appearing.

Please help me to resolve this issue asap.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

judywayne

Total Posts:  28

anilyadavlko - 18 September 2013 01:27 AM

Hi,

I want to upgrade my magento site from version 1.4.1.1 to version 1.7.0.2 but I am unable to upgrade through Magento Connect Manager.

When I paste “magento-core/Mage_All_Latest” in the “Paste extension key to install” field and hit the “Install” button then message is appearing “INVALID POST DATA”.

Also, when I hit “Check for Upgrades” button then it does not show any available updates.

I have tried several times but same problem is appearing.

Please help me to resolve this issue asap.

Hey anilyadavlko,
Try to upgrade in alternative way. Install a 1.7.0.2 version and move data from 1.4.1.1.
You can do it via migration service called Cart2Cart.
It will save your time and hair on your head.

Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

markwilson8711

Total Posts:  1

These are the steps for up-gradation. You can try -

Create a Staging Area (generally folder called ‘testsite’)
Duplicate the current Database to a new DB
Upgrade the new Database
Inherit Magento Front-end Theme on to the staging area
Install paid and free extensions (if any)
Test the system and fix all issues
Once you are satisfied with the upgrade, just swap the live site with the testsite.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community