Magento Forum

open_basedir restriction (when uploading product images)

Jorg

Total Posts:  5
Regensburg | Bavaria

I have a similar problem as described in this thread.

When trying to add a product and (in the last step) save all product data I receive an error message.

Warningis_dir() [function.is-dir]open_basedir restriction in effectFile(/var) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/web193/:/usr/bin/) in /var/www/web193/html/magento/lib/Varien/File/Uploader.php on line 327

The error message is shortened—but I think the problem can be recognized:
My host restricts my server usage to the physical directories “/var/www/web193/” and “/usr/bin/”. I think this is done in php.ini. This restriction should be no problem, because magento resides at “/var/www/web193/html/magento/”.

But somehow somehting goes wrong here ... and I am not really that experienced in server management and PHP to find out what.
Any ideas? I hope this issue does not get ignored, as other people are also facing this problem ...

Anyway, thanks in advance for your tips!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Draakje

Total Posts:  8

I have the same problem. I think maybe i have set the base dir wrong or something. But i can’t find the place where i can see the ‘configuration’ settings. I can see them in system---configuration...but that aren’t the ones i had to fillout with installing, are they? e.g. {{root_dir}} But where can i see what Magento uses for root-dir?

I hope the solution to the problem lies here…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community