Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Create Backup, “Cannot send headers; headers already sent in”

CKD

Total Posts:  31
Saitama, Japan

I have this problem when I go to System->Tools->Backups-> Create Backup

Cannot send headersheaders already sent in /home/*****/domains/******/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.phpline 191

Did a search on this issue, can’t find much of anything.  Anyone else run into this problem.  I have been working with my host MediaLayer to resolve some issues, but they say its not a server side issue.

So then it must be a code..ha, my logic is simple. 

So before I start to really tear into things, just want to see if anyone has this problem.  I am running 1.0 magento with 1.0 sample data. 

If anyone wants to do a test for me, and see if I am the only one, that would be great.

Things I have tried.  Disable cache, clear the cache folder.  I will get some sleep and try more later.

Regards,
CKD

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

flowstack

Total Posts:  159
London, United Kingdom

I’ve had this message appear when there is an error in my code.

I believe it happens when a message (php error, warning, echo statement, etc.) is output to the browser before a session has been started.

It usually means there is either an error in your code or a bug.

Good luck finding it! These sorts of things can send a good coder loopy at times!

Magento Community
Magento Community

CKD

Total Posts:  31
Saitama, Japan

So I tried a fresh install, this time using the down loader.  Still get the same problem.  I will just have to move on for now, but I really hate to have issues like this.  Its just an over all test of Magento, but things like this can seem to come back and bite me later.

If anyone can test their cart for this same problem, that would be great.  Just give me a yes I have the same problem or no your on your own.

Regards,

CKD

Magento Community
Magento Community

super tonio

Total Posts:  57

I’m having the same issue. After deleting a ‘store’ the admin page reloaded with this error and I can’t access frontend/backend site. I haven’t modified flat files (except layout/design files) and everything was working fine, just shut down after I deleted that store. It wasn’t my main store.

The page where the error shows up is a page trying to produce an error report, and that’s where it’s failing, so I renamed my “report” directory to something else, refreshed the page and was able to see the PHP errors. Looks like the general queries are still trying to find that store even though it’s been deleted, perhaps a cache clear would solve the problem but since I’m unable to access the ‘admin’ area I’m not sure how to do that.

Any help would be great! Either how to manually clear the cache via db or how to add that store back in so the query doesn’t break or… well any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

flowstack

Total Posts:  159
London, United Kingdom

@super tonio

I have a fix for you if you delete a store and then can’t get into the frontend.

1. Fire up your favourite database browser
2. BACKUP YOUR DATABASE. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF THIS SCREWS UP.
3. Look in the ‘core_config_data’ table where the ‘scope’ column = ‘stores’.
4. Delete that row.

That fixed it for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community