Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Layered navigation (search result)

Itosa

Total Posts:  39

Hello,

While editing an attribute I see an option “Use In Search Results Layered Navigation” (yes/no?).

When I select YES isn’t it supposed to show up as option in layered navigation (on the result page of search) ??

nothing happening for me.

regards,
itosa

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Itosa

I see that layered navigation is possible with quick search.. But how can I get layered navigation in advanced search result ?

regards,
itosa

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

Hey Itosa,

Layered Navigation Pro extension will allow you to filter by multiple attributes, use price slider or price-input controls,
AJAX pager and sorter and so on, you do not need advanced search any more!  Now the simple search is more powerful and more
user-friendly than advanced

See the demo http://demo-2.adjustware.com/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=camera

Magento Community
Magento Community

Itosa

Hello Adjustware,

I checked the demo.. It shows layered navigation in search result page (quick search).Can it show layered navigation in advanced search? because I didn’t see layered navigation in advanced search result page.

regards,
itosa

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Hello Itosa,
Short answer is no, however I’m trying to advocate that many users don’t need advanced search any more.
What is your point of view?  What unique features do you use with advanced search?
Yes, in the past, customers couldn’t select a price (from-to) or multiple attributes, but now they have
advanced Layered Navigation…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Itosa

Hello Adjustware,

Yes I agree, there is no extra feature in advanced search in presence of layered navigation.

The only difference I see is:
Advanced search is used to get the desired result in one shot. (choosing all the terms in one page). but in layered navigation user has to go through step by step filter.

regards,
itosa

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Hi,
So I think we will need to include this in the extension roadmap (some more customers have already mentioned this also).
Frankly speaking it is possible right now, but with a small hack

Thanks!
Andrew

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

Try Improved Layered Navigation Pro

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/improved-layered-navigation-pro-1252.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

teamsankhala

Total Posts:  4

Now it is possible to display layered navigation on the advance search result page, checkout our premium magento extensions.

XT Advanced Layered Navigation
http://www.xthemers.com/xt-advanced-search-layered-navigation.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

redstage

Total Posts:  173
Hoboken, NJ

Hi!

If you’re running a store that should allow users to select multiple values in navigation rather than only being able to drill in, our Advanced Layered Navigation Extension will work perfectly for you. 

For instance, if you’re selling clothes and someone wants to see things that are blue and green at the same time, default layered navigation won’t let them do that, but they can select both options with our extension.

Another example is a computer or electronics store where a user wants to see computers with 2gb ram, 4gb ram and 8gb ram, and multiple brands at once, this extension is very useful to generate that user experience. 

Take a look a the product and demo here:

http://store.redstage.com/advanced-layered-navigation.html

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Anthony
Redstage Extension Store

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

You can also try Improved Navigation extension. You could be able to use different layered navigation filters like color, style size etc. Everything is loaded with AJAX without page reloading. Also set shop by brand filtering and actually create brand pages.

Image Attachments
perfect-search-26.png

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community