Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

A few questions- Magento Noob

Privatelucky7

Total Posts:  2

Hi, I am new to this whole Ecommerce thing. Right now I am working with a developer to develop 5 different ecommerce sites. The thing is that these sites are all managed through the same Magento Admin panel and all of the code is in the same folder in the file manager of the Cpanel. But because they are all Ecommerce sites, I want them to have SSL certificates as they usually help increase sales. My server hosting company I also bought my SSL certificates from, and is also willing to install them, installed the SSL certificate to the primary website with no issues. But they say for them to install the SSL certificates for the other 4 websites, I will need to create a cpanel for each site on my dedicated server, which would destroy the redirect my developer did so that all websites go to their respective URLs.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

Yes, that is what they normally do cheaper managed hosting. You will need something like a VPS, but do remember, hosting is 1% of revenue (the standard for Micro Enterprise), so if you are running $20 hosting only expect to make $24,000/yr revenue (not profit).

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community