Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade to 1.7 entity config: core/url_rewrite Error

PierMarketing

Total Posts:  77

I have done a step by step upgrade from 1.5 to 1.7 from Magento Connect.  At the last part of the process I now receive the following error.

a:5:{i:0;s:173:"Error in file: "/home1/discount/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/sql/catalog_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.5.9.9-1.6.0.0.php" - Can't retrieve entity config: core/url_rewrite";i:1;s:1006:"#0 /home1/discount/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(645): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 /home1/discount/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('upgrade', '1.4.0.0.44', '1.6.0.0.14')
#2 /home1/discount/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(320): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb('1.4.0.0.44', '1.6.0.0.14')
#3 /home1/discount/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(235): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home1/discount/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(417): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home1/discount/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(343): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 /home1/discount/public_html/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 /home1/discount/public_html/index.php(87): Mage::run('', 'store')
#8 {main}"
;s:3:"url";s:6:"/admin";s:11:"script_name";s:10:"/index.php";s:4:"skin";s:7:"default";}

My core_url_rewrite database table is completely empty.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Try to run a reindex from shell:

php -f shell/indexer.php reindexall

This requires SSH access.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PierMarketing

Thank you for the response.  I had tried that before and tried that again just now.  I get the following output.

root@hosting [/home1/discount/public_html/shell]# php -f indexer.php reindexall
Mage registry key "_resource_helper/core" already exists
Mage registry key 
"_resource_helper/core" already exists
Mage registry key 
Mage registry key 
Mage registry key 
Mage registry key 
Mage registry key 
Stock Status index was rebuilt successfully
Mage registry key 

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Do you have the compiler enabled? Open includes/config.php and comment the lines.

Then run (from Magento root directory):

rm -rf app/code/core/Zend/Cache var/cache/* var/session/*//tempend ?>

Then try to reindex again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PierMarketing

The compiler is already commented out.

#define(\\\'COMPILER_INCLUDE_PATH\\\', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.\\\'src\\\');
#define(\\\'COMPILER_COLLECT_PATH\\\', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.\\\'stat\\\');

I cleared the Zend cache as per your instruction and tried to reindex but got the same result.

Magento Community
Magento Community

laamparogarcia

Total Posts:  1

Thanks for this post, I had the same problem!.

With Magento my projects sell more

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community