Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Importing product feed error SKU numbers

fashionanna

Total Posts:  2

When I try to import product feed into my webshop, it says it can not find the needed sku numbers. I don’t have any sku numbers. What sku numbers should I use so I can import my file?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

You must have a sku, normally it is a unique number but can be any text, make it suitable to your business. It appears you are in fashion, you may be interested in the managed solution we have just been provided access to.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello!

As SKU can be used any column with special unique identification numbers or numbers&letters;. Maybe you have in your file UPC or MPN provided by your supplier.
In case you are not sure what can be used as SKU, please, attach a few lines of your file so we could see example and advice you on what can be done.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community