Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

About Magento speed

praxs

Total Posts:  2

HEllo,

I have installed the magento shopping cart...its really nice and everything is there what i want.....but there is some problem about speed..

just look the website

http://www.saigem.com

when u will open the link , its will take hell lots of time to open the page…

can anyone suggest me ..how can its speed ..is there any script available.....

regds
praxs

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopMagCart

Total Posts:  70

You may want to search the forums as this has been discussed in length.  You will be able to find tweaks and modules that can help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

praxs

Total Posts:  2

could you tell me what search terms should i look for ..........to find the post…

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

Well it looks like this website is hosted by GoDaddy, which is known to have horrible performance and speed load, especially for Magento.

Since this issue is more to do with the hosting provider’s server rather than optimization issue, the best way is for you to go with hosting providers who are optimized for Magento and you should expect reasonable to fast page load.

Magento Community
Magento Community

OpenCommerce

Total Posts:  84
Cincinnati, OH

Not sure if you have found a solution to your site speed issue. We developed three performance modules. One free and the other two commercial. LightSpeed uses full page caching and reduces page load times from 6-7 seconds to under 230 milliseconds. It also allow cached pages for logged in customers.

Good Luck!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

egrovesystems

Total Posts:  36

Full Page Cache in Magento will boosts the performance of your ecommerce site by reducing the load on your servers to increase page speed. you can also merge the js and css and enable the compilation to increase website speed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

goivvy
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Moscow, Russia

Hi,

you don’t need to buy full page cache extension - please check out this Magento Full Page Cache write up to download and configure free community full page cache module.

we are using

Varnish / php-fpm / nginx
Apc / memcached
Full page cache
Defer Javascript loading

to optimize magento shops.

Please be sure to read our Magento Optimization 101 blog post where you can download free Full Page Cache and Defer JS extensions and be prepared to have your magento store fly.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community