Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

testing our packages

Tweakmag
Guru

Total Posts:  307
London, UK

Hi there,
Is there a way we can check packages before releasing to the community. This way we can check that everything is ok locally.
Cheers
Adam

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Even though your extension is marked as Pending, after you have uploaded the release it is available on PEAR channel.

try installing it in your MagentoConnect downloader by pasting into Extention key field:
magento-community/Your_Extention_Name

Optionally you can specify version by appending -(alpha|beta|stable|<version>) to the key.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakmag
Guru

London, UK

thanks Moshe - unfortunately I am still having “login” issues when trying to upload an extension. Any answers with that?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Los Angeles

When does this error happens? After 1st step of the form or after package upload?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakmag
Guru

London, UK

This happens after the first step of the form.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mzentrale1
Guru

Total Posts:  731
Stuttgart, Germany

Hi Moshe,

i uploaded my community extension this morning and downloaded and install it by using my extension name.

The files are put into downloader folder. Iam a bit confused, my extension contains a file in folder skin/frontend/frontend/js/foo.js.
After downloading my extension via downloader the files are saved in downloader folder skin (where are also files of downloader module located), so its very hard to find needed files and copy them in app folders of shop. Or iam wrong and missunderstood some thinks? Or did i config my package wrong? (Find attached my package.xml).

Cheers

Stefan

File Attachments
package.xml  (File Size: 8KB - Downloads: 138)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Los Angeles

@[m] zentrale: it is a misconfiguration on the target installation copy.

please uninstall this extension and run in the shell in your magento root (note the dot):

./pear mage-setup .
Try installing again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mzentrale1
Guru

Total Posts:  731
Stuttgart, Germany

Hi Moshe,

thanks, fixed the problem and installed it correctly. thanks.

Other question, when will my extension visible in magento connect? Do you review it?

cheers

stefan

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

We briefly review information on all extensions.  Extensions go live usually a few hours after they are posted if packages are uploaded and all other necessary information is supplied.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community