Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

No Admin after install

elong

Total Posts:  17

OK, I was away for a week, and I was itching to get back because I knew the 1.0 verision would be out! I get home and the first thing I do is download and attempt to install.

I installed in a new directory path with a newly created DB and a new user with all privileges. We will call my path http://www.example.com/store.

Inside of my store directy I place the contents of the unzipped magento directory. It, <path>/store/index.php etc.

I run the installer, all is good. I get the two buttons at the end of the install for going to the frontend and going to the backend. I clicked frontend, the page appears but no products. I didn’t think this was strange since I didn’t install any data with this.

I click the backend button and get a 404 for /store/admin. Hmmm… Nothing too helpful in the error_logs. DB is correct and I did the connection test during the install.

I noticed this install didn’t open the pear window like the 0.7 install. So I nuke the store directory and the DB and user. I recreate the DB and user account and I download in downloader version of the installer. Upon running that, I get the following message at the top of the install.

Attempting to discover channel “connect.magentocommerce.com/coreconnect.magentocommerce.com/core"…
Did not download optional dependencies: pear/XML_RPC, use --alldeps to download automatically
warning: magento-core/Mage_All_Latest requires package “channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/coreconnect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_Core_Adminhtml” (version >= 1.0.18800)
pear/PEAR can optionally use package “pear/XML_RPC” (version >= 1.4.0)
downloading Mage_All_Latest-1.0.18800.tgz ...
Starting to download Mage_All_Latest-1.0.18800.tgz (955 bytes)
. ...done: 955 bytes
downloading Mage_Core_Modules-1.0.18800.tgz ...

Looks like this could be related to my problem. I checked my php modules and it has version 1.5.1 installed. Any ideas? Should I nuke my XML_RPC module and try for the installer to place it?

Is there any other new requirements that have been added since the 0.8.* or 0.7.* time frame? I tried installed with both https on and off.

Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

elong

OK, I solved the problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

elong

Ha! Bet you thought I was one of those people that solve the problem and then don’t explain how. Don’t worry, it was fairly simple.

The warning given in the downloader output was just a red herring, later in the output I see that module install correctly. The problem was permissions.

I had to make my directorys 755 and my files 644.

If you have ssh access, you can do this in two lines.

To change directory permissions go to the base folder...www.example.com/store ==> cd store
find . -type d | xargs chmod 755

To change file permissions
find . -type f | xargs chmod 644

Thats it. I did this after the final installation step.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community