Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Unable to add a community contribution

Michael
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Your extension has name “SPPLUS extension”, but in package.xml it has name “Mage_Spplus”.
That’s why it is not able to find the extension you want to upload the release to, as these names should match.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SeL_
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1140
Paris, France

OK, that wasn’t clear.
So, i uploaded once more but with Mage_Spplus in both cases. And it’s ok. My extension is in pending status.
But i have 2 extensions, and i cannot delete the wrong one (incomplete). Can you do it please ?

I read that you review extensions. Do you also test them ? Because this extension needs a specific PHP extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

uni-man

Total Posts:  34

I’m trying to upload a new extension Udc_Calendar but get the error message
The following errors were encountered
* Channel: Can not add new maintainer because ‘uni-man’ is not registered member

My channel is connect.magentocommerce.com/community as described in
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/packaging_a_magento_extension

thanks for your help

ps another thought: it would be really helpful if there was a link to your wiki pages from the packager and from the members area of your site where packages are uploaded. I’ve been floundering around for ages trying to search for answers in the forums…
There are two extensions in my account (uni-man) but one of these is busted coz I didn’t find out about your file naming convention until too late and included the version number in the Extension File Name. Please can you delete the dud one? thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

uni-man

Total Posts:  34

Finally figgered it out
The ‘user’ field in the Packager is for your magentocommerce.com “user name”, which may be different to your “screen name” (the name that appears at the top of the page for the My Account menu and beside each forum post). This is only relevant if you have a screen name that is not the same as your user name.

Magento: some documentation (or even some clearer field labelling) in the Packager would have saved me 2 hours of frustration…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2