Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Access Order or Quote details

nwhyte

Total Posts:  3

Hi

I am brand new to magento.  I need to access quote or order object from a shipping module.  Is this possible?  Can you please give any advice on how to go about this?

The final objective is to save itemised shipping costs per order item.  I want to try and do this in the shipping module where the shipping costs are calculated.

(If this is impossible, my second option is to use an event observer that steps in when the order is completed - this should then access the order items and re-calculate shipping costs per item for the purpose of this task.  Again, I am not sure how to go about calling the shipping module to access
getRate(Mage_Shipping_Model_Rate_Request $request)) from the event observer)

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community