Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Advice needed on an aproach

zdzisekg

Total Posts:  16

I’m in the process of setting up a store and I need to add a feature. When a customer views his order, at the bottom of the page I need to provide a fecility for the customer to upload files.(I’d like to use Swiff.Uploader from http://digitarald.de/project/fancyupload/)

What is the best way to approach this? Should I follow the “Create Payment Method Module” tutorial on the wiki page or the “Changing and Customizing Magento Code”

The reason I’m asking, cause my programming skills are very limited and I’m still struggling the architecture of magento.

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

alistek

Total Posts:  293
Normal, IL

I don’t think for this you would need to completely reinvent the wheel.  The way I would approach this and I will take a look is that I would add the include into the js of the page via the xml layout (if mootools isn’t already included, I can’t remember).  After that I would just change the phtml file to include the uploader and set the options needed.  Do you need validation that the customer actually uploaded because if all you need is a way for him to upload files, that seems like the easiest way.

-Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

zdzisekg

Total Posts:  16

it might good enough just to get started, but in the long run yes, I’d need the validation so that once the order goes into “Processing stage” no files can be uploaded. There’s few other reasons I’d like this tightly integrated with the system

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community