Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to get a list of all promotions in a block

Bart00

Total Posts:  3

Hi,

I’m completely new to Magento, and really confused on how to do everything I want. I hope it will become clear to me as a get some experience, but so far, I don’t even know where to start, so I hope an answer to my question here can get me started.

In the left column I want to show a maximum of two blocks, in which promotions are shown. In the backend I made these promotions and as a description I entered an image URL, which I want to show in the block. So far I’ve edited /app/design/frontend/default/default/layout/catalog.xml and in the default layout I made this:

<reference name="left">
  <
block type="core/template" name="left.aanbiedingen" template="callouts/left_aanb.phtml" />
</
reference>

So now the file “callouts/left_aanb.phtml” is called, but now I’m completely stuck. What do I write here to show these promotions?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Bart

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community