Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is BlueHost strong and secure enough for Magento Community Edition? 

synkaten

Total Posts:  17

I’m currently using BlueHost (www.bluehost.com) for my product images, and I’m thinking to develop a new e-commerce site with Magento Community Edition.

I saw some people mentioned that it is better to use your own server to host Magento. However I don’t have enough budget to purchase and maintain my own server.

My question is, is BlueHost strong and secure enough to host Magento? If not, what 3rd party web hosting companies are better for this?

Thanks for your opinion!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

Well those people who recommend you to use your own server to host Magento are normally concerned about the loading speed of Magento in a shared environment with most hosting provider where the speed is loading horribly slow.

As for the security aspect, I believe most hosting provider should be competent enough to maintain the security of their servers. Your responsibility is to make sure you have the latest versions updated at all times and avoid using world writable permissions like 777 whenever possible.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community