Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Display payment method info on the checkout success page? 

Fontis

Total Posts:  99
Melbourne, Australia

I am working on a direct deposit payment method and one aspect of it is that it should display the order number to the customer so that they can quote that number when depositing money in the store owner’s account (to allow them to match up orders and payments). The best way I can see for doing this is to have the bank account information and order number displayed on the checkout success page: the order has been lodged, an ID is available and it just needs to be displayed for the customer. All other information is taken from admin settings.

So, is it even possible to allow payment methods to print information on this page? If it is possible (I assume it is!) then does anyone have a tip for where to start looking for information on how to go about it?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mzentrale1
Guru

Total Posts:  731
Stuttgart, Germany

Hi,

maybe you can do it like this:

Extend Payment/Checkout process and save created order id and selected paymentmethod in user session. than you have to customize the redirect after successful checkout and lead the redirect to a customized block where you can print the needed informations.

cheers

Stefan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community