Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

need a calendar…

romantikanet

Total Posts:  5

I have a gift basket business. I need to be able to offer the ability for customers to select a delivery date (by using a calendar or at the very least an input text field for them to fill out). Any ideas? (I can’t use Magento otherwise) hmmm

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Fontis

Total Posts:  99
Melbourne, Australia

Are you planning on allowing multiple shipping methods? If not it would be possible (and easiest) to add an extra field to the method you want to use which allows the customer to enter a delivery date.

Magento Community
Magento Community

romantikanet

How do you do that?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fontis

Total Posts:  99
Melbourne, Australia

Well, it would require modifying the shipping class or extending it but I know it’s possible. It would be better if there was a more streamlined way of doing it, such as would work for any shipping method, but I think that would be more complicated to achieve, and I don’t have enough experience with the internals of the shipping system to say how it could be done in such a way.

Magento Community
Magento Community

romantikanet

Please excuse my ignorance - how would one do this step by step? (it’s too bad that this great shopping cart does not offer an easy way to do these minor modifications)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community