Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Please provide downloadable screencasts

medic

Total Posts:  173
Sydney

Hi Magento team,

Could you please provide a download for the screencasts?

Maybe as a torrent?

I would love to be able to watch them on the train to work.

Thanks heaps!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

As much as we’d love to do that, the amount of work that is required is significant. Camatasia take forever to render each file and it would take days to them all. Sorry.

Magento Community
Magento Community

manolodf

Total Posts:  56
Dallas, TX / Hong Kong

May I suggest a quick workaround for someone nice enough, or I can try doing it later if we can upload them somewhere, but a program like SnagIt can snag the video after it starts playing I believe and then make a video that people can download to their PCs or portable devices to watch wherever.  Let me know if that sounds like a good idea.

Magento Community
Magento Community

eHabitats

Total Posts:  1

You can also just use Real Player 11, the free version lets you download and play .flv files.  I have been able to download the screencast and put them on my phone to view while I ride the train.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community