Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento be like a product gallery with no prices or checkout? 

Dannyz1984

Total Posts:  153

i seem to like how magento’s layout is with products, can it serve as a product gallery with no option to buy, add to cart, or checkout? 

if not, can anyone reccomend me something that works like magento, not like an image gallery because image galleries contain 1 image per product in an album, but not multiple pictures for 1 product like magento with attributes.

i searched on the open source CMS sites and found nothing like magento in terms of acting like a product gallery, not an e-commerce site…

can anyone point me in the right direction?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cloudquarry
Guru

Total Posts:  528

It is entirely possible to make Magento function as a gallery, and remove the transactional capability from being seen or used by the customer. Takes a bit of custom development work though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dannyz1984

Total Posts:  153

right, i was fiddling around with this yesterday, it seems like i should disable the mage in configuration, and then maybe take out add to cart and checkout from phtml / xml files

smile

seems easier than i thought it would be.

Magento Community
Magento Community

phprelated

Total Posts:  21
Romania

Check this extension. Might be useful for hiding prices and not allowing to add products to cart before someone logs in:
http://phprelated.myworks.ro/products-page/magento-extensions/prices-after-login/
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/phprelated/extension/6495/prices_after_login

Magento Community
Magento Community

rebeccama

Total Posts:  110

Please check if list view product gallery tool works for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

buttererin

Total Posts:  1

thanks for the info

Seguros medicos privados / Seguro vivienda

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community