Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Footer template isn’t updating. 

kd77

Total Posts:  3

I edited the footer.phtml for the default theme. I uploaded it and its not changing, but the header did.

Whats going on?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

liquilife

Total Posts:  2

Why did this not get any replies? I’m having the same issue as the poster above. Why does the footer.phtml file not update the footer on a megento site?n Where exactly do we edit the footer? I’m not talking about updating links and so on, but the HTML?

Magento Community
Magento Community

vbwebsites

Total Posts:  93
Virginia

clear cache in magento.

System > Cache Management = Refresh All

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jenas

Total Posts:  42
Germany

Help!

I refreshed everything, cache in admin, my browser, changed the css in my template, in the default template… nothing! I just want to have a white footer, not a blue one! Head works just fine. I’m beginning to doubt everything… from my sanity.. to intelligence… to eyesight… somebody help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jenas

Total Posts:  42
Germany

Jenas - 16 February 2010 08:00 AM

Help!

I refreshed everything, cache in admin, my browser, changed the css in my template, in the default template… nothing! I just want to have a white footer, not a blue one! Head works just fine. I’m beginning to doubt everything… from my sanity.. to intelligence… to eyesight… somebody help!

Well I got the answer:
- Background color is in the body “class” in reset.css in default
- The middle part is in the background color in footer class in boxes.css
- The light blue band/border (on top) is in the footer container class => border-top (15 px etc)…

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

Total Posts:  308

There are lots of topics/threads on this. There are several files to edit for different aspects of the footer.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community