Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Official Launch: Tealo, the First Public Magento Theme

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

Thanks to all for the nice comments. Lately I have been bad with my estimations. There just isn’t as much time in the day as I’d like to have to work on the “voluntary” projects. Nevertheless, I have been busy working away at Magento, mostly for clients, and have had two fair releases of Magento sites, but one is still a work-in-progress.

http://www.wallstats.com - Magento as checkout solution
http://www.stickydatepudding.co.nz - still a WIP, will become more customized as budget increases

Still have a number of other projects I’m working on, they are much more customized, which means much more time consuming, and I always focus on quality code, so I don’t expect to release Tealo 1.0 until I am completely satisfied with the code, which means when I have extra time to work on it.

Thanks for everyone’s patience. I will assure you the theme will be worth the wait. You can see the roadmap on the first page of this thread to check out some of the features I’m working on. smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

weckl

Total Posts:  50
Singapore

Hi,

I’ve installed the theme according to your instructions but the products couldn’t be displayed. Only the top header appears in every page.

Have any idea?
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Xiphias

Total Posts:  3

Using Magento, i have learned that there are a great many things i have yet to learn about how websites work. is there a way (Without costing an arm and a leg) that i can have this coloring layout http://www.gunstocks.com with magento? If someone could please redo the CSS part of it for me that would be a great help. I’ve tried and failed at every attempt to modify it and make it do what i need it to.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ronaldr

Total Posts:  124
California

I think that the read me and Instructions on this may be a little dated, I was not able to install this working correctly....

I followed the instructions to the tee

Magento Community
Magento Community

TapTapper

Total Posts:  21
Hudson Valley, NY, US

Where is the download, anyway?  I can’t find it

Magento Community
Magento Community

anada

Hi Scott, very cool theme!

I was using magento-sample-data-1.1.2 to test tealo. After Catalog Rewrites I got only header and navigation menu . The rest part of the page were blank.

Can anyone kindly explain this...?

thanks!

Image Attachments
tealo_page.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

anada

anada - 18 October 2008 05:04 PM

I was using magento-sample-data-1.1.2 to test tealo. After Catalog Rewrites I got only header and navigation menu . The rest part of the page were blank.

thanks!

Navigation links on your demo page seemed broken. For instance:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘;’ in /home/scottrag/scottrageous.net/html/tealo/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/page/3columns.phtml on line 39

Magento Community
Magento Community

int2k

Total Posts:  244
Bandung, Indonesia

thanks!

what version of magento are you using ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

anada

int2k - 23 October 2008 02:37 AM

thanks!

what version of magento are you using ?

I dont know others but i got a good habit--always using the latest release of Magento to test any demo contents/themes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Northwest Ohio

Quick Update:

The Tealo Magento theme is currently being overhauled, and rebuilt for the latest version. The new version will be ready for release on March 31st, 2009 and will remain free. I’m also working on a number of other themes, but have no estimated release date for those.

Been quite busy with client work, but meh… that’s no excuse! In any case, inspiration doesn’t happen over night, and so it’s been slowly building up over the past 10 months. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gui
Guru

Total Posts:  588

Great looking forward to see it!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Oneride21

Total Posts:  13

I gotta know what you call that menu you used? Is it called a “magazine style” menu? I LOVE the way that works and would love to just use the menu code and styles on my current custom theme...is that possible?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Northwest Ohio

Actually, I don’t have a fancy name for it, but if I were to give it a name, It’d probably something along the lines of DropSlide.

The navigation was mostly done via CSS, no JavaScript. That’s how I wanted it, initially. But that leaves it susceptible to not working in older browsers. The next version will revert to using the JS used by the default theme to maintain backwards compatibility in older browsers, however CSS-only styling will ideally still apply for the supporting browsers.

Also, the design is due for a bit of tweaking to increase the readability of some of the elements, but overall I do like the effect, especially for multi-level category structures. For now, if you want to use it, you can try stealing the CSS and perhaps the background images. cool smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Oneride21

Total Posts:  13

I will go ahead and borrow the css and images for the “DropSlide” menu and will add the necessary js to make it backward compatible...then tweak the images to fit it to work on my install. When I am done, I will post a link for you to download the stand-alone css, images, js, and html I end up with and you can share it as you please...if you want to.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magento Themes

Total Posts:  1

Thanks for the free Magento Theme!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community