Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 4
Official Launch: Tealo, the First Public Magento Theme

donkassim

Total Posts:  5

great work, but where is the database?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Lopo

Total Posts:  30

Hi,

You already have Prototype and Scriptaculous being loaded with your theme. Why not using Lightbox for the popup window.

Best,
Lopo

Magento Community
Magento Community

steveb

Lancaster, Ca

I installed the template and it looks nice..but it appears i am having a php issue and i am getting this error when the script is trying to call certain functions and i haven’t figured out what is causing it I check the syntax and no error
The website is at http://www.buyyardcars.com

Here is an example of the error
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Call to a member function getSize() on a non-object in <b>/home/giftsand/public_html/buyyardcars/app/design/frontend/default/tealo/template/catalog/product/compare/sidebar.phtml</b> on line <b>34</b><br />

Can anyone figure out why this is happening for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

deeru

Total Posts:  20

i have the same error…

any solutions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

I had heard last month that some of the aspects of how M handles themes and such were going to change, so I’ve decided to hold off any updates and fixes on this design until the stable release or possibly a release candidate. No sense in continuing to update the design while things are still changing. So my best guess is that something has in fact changed with the newer releases that makes this theme out of date. Once the stable release or possibly a release candidate is posted, I will update this theme. Otherwise, I’m just sitting back taking a break from Magento stuff and working on other client work at the moment.

Have a Happy and Safe New Year,
Scott smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

deansmitty

Total Posts:  132

I really want to use this theme however not having luck. When I do as instructed in the read me it says it is done loading “bottom left of browser” and all I see is white, no text or images. Please help. Thank You for your time in both helping me and creating this great theme.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ANDI222

Total Posts:  41

Hi Scot ,

Nice job. For the php error I fixed it by keaping the page directory from app/design…

Can you please tell me where is the company adress located. I hope this is not a google question but I was looking everywere…

Thanks again!

[url=http://www.cameredesupraveghere.net]http://www.cameredesupraveghere.net [/url] is the site I mentioned above.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Northwest Ohio

Hey Guys,

This theme was originally built on one of the first releases, and I am currently working on support for 1.0. Until then I probably can’t be of much help because so much has changed. But, I can confirm that I’ll have something ready for you next week, along with a couple new themes I’m also working on to be available via MagentoConnect.

Regarding the company address, that’s actually something I rigged from the header template: /templates/page/html/header.phtml so have a look in that. I took over “div.quick-access” [in CSS terms] smile

Not sure why I haven’t been getting post notifications from this thread though. Seems like every time I post, it removes me :\

Magento Community
Magento Community

deansmitty

Total Posts:  132

ok, Thank You.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Smokersroom

Total Posts:  63

Hi Scott - Great work.

How is the v1 update coming along?! I can’t wait to get my grubby mitts on it!

S.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Northwest Ohio

I had hoped to have it ready by today, but I had a few higher priorities on my list to take care of. So let’s plan on the end of the week at the latest. Thanks for your interest! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Meshiga

Total Posts:  2
Brooklyn NY US

Scott -

I had hoped to have it ready by today,

Well, today is today! When is tomorrow?

Just kidding, Thanx a millions. for giving yourself away for the community.

But again we all wait for the first template to be as successful as it could be.

Magento Community
Magento Community

uvfch

Scott - 01 April 2008 03:22 PM

I had hoped to have it ready by today, but I had a few higher priorities on my list to take care of. So let’s plan on the end of the week at the latest. Thanks for your interest! smile

Excited as waiting for magento 1.0.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Syndia

Total Posts:  38
Netherlands, The

He, very nice job!

and what others say about only header and footer designed, you have to start somewhere wink

I’m using now Magento for few days and really like it, but theming was hard to find out for me.

I’m going to run own store with my own made CSS Framework(= v0.2), I hope that also I can create nice themes, but mostly I want it to perfect hehehehe.

My own theme is not only changing css, and themplates, but need also to extend core classes which is really hard to find out for me, but I will figure it out.

Greetz from The Netherlands,
John

Magento Community
Magento Community

Shady

Total Posts:  4

Love the theme, nice and simple but different from the default.

Hate to see negative comments, for something that’s been voluntarily released, it’s like geez - so it’s not a completely different looking site, but thats why Magento is so good, the default cart is so good (especially compared to alot of others out there) why would you want to change it extremely? The way it is standard is what makes it so good in the first place. It’s clean, has everything you could need and what pretty much any customer would need access to while shopping… I think the K.I.S.S. law applies here naturally.

Anyway, just wondering how the updates coming along, if at all? smile

As you got a very keen user hoping it’s not far off here smile

Good work btw!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 4