Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Atributes labels do not change

BennyBen

Total Posts:  3

Hi everybody,

First, sorry for my english. I hope you will be able ton understand because I have a big problem.

I tried to find the answer in a lot of forums but without success.

Context:
I have a bilingual site:English and french. I have 2 store views: English and Français. I created some attributes and titles in catalog -> attributes -> manage attributes -> (click on an attribute) -> manage labels / options. Then, on the frontend, each view show a title for the attribute.
Ex:
Admin: Text1
Default store view: Text2
English: Text3
Francais: Text4

The problem:
I want to work on the product page layout and don’t want to use the auto-generated attributes table (complement informations).

So, I used the following code:
In \app\design\frontend\default\default\template\catalog\product\view.phtml, I added:

Code :
<?php echo $_product->getResource()->getAttribute('myattribute')->getFrontend()->getLabel($_product) ?>
<?php echo $_product->getResource()->getAttribute('myattribute')->getFrontend()->getValue($_product) ?>

My problem is that the Label name is always the one reffering to the admin in catalog -> attributes -> manage attributes -> (click on an attribute) -> manage labels / options.
I want to see the label name change with the view (here, the one in English and French).

Thank-You!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community